Job Description Summary
The Nuclear Field Services Engineer will provide over-all technical leadership and front-line supervision for the successful execution of complex projects and activities involving BWR 2-6 reactor disassembly, assembly, fuel movement, in-core maintenance and under vessel activities at various customer facilities.Job DescriptionRoles and Responsibilities
As the Nuclear Field Engineer, you will:
- Be assigned to various nuclear customer sites throughout the year and will be responsible for planning, scheduling and delivery of field projects during our customer yearly outages. This includes project management, task leadership, technical direction, work coordination and supervision of work teams composed of GEH (GE-Hitachi) salaried employees and contracted employees while at customer sites domestically and internationally
- Provide project management including planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting and coordination of internal and external resources for assigned projects and programs
- Provide leadership, work coordination and supervision of work teams composed of GEH and contingent worker personnel including craft labor
- Establish appropriate relationships and interact effectively with senior level customers and suppliers management on commercial, technical & compliance issues and work within an integrated services team
- Support business activities including proposal preparation, cost estimating, and interfaces with Customer Service, Commercial Operations
- Support and participate in planning, staffing, and training of personnel
- Provide tooling and equipment expertise
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; getting first-hand customer information and using it for improvements in products and services
- Maintain diligence on integrity, safety and quality metrics and processes
- Support Product Lines within the larger Field Services organization as necessary
This role has the option to be full-time remote (relocation is not required) but, will require frequent travel to our GEH Headquarters in Wilmington, NC if not relocating. Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree of Science in an Engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years of First Line Supervisor experience
- OR a High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Technical First Line Supervisor
- OR previous technical military experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a First Line Supervisor.
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability and willingness to climb and descend 10 flights of stairs twice per day
- Ability and willingness to pass respirator fit test and physical
- Ability and willingness to pass Fitness For Duty requirements and site security requirements to obtain unescorted access
- Ability and willingness to work under high stress conditions
- Ability and willingness to work in radiation controlled areas and radioactively contaminated areas
- This role requires heavy travel throughout the year. A candidate must have the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally to plant sites up to 75% of the time, as required
- Ability and willingness to work overtime hours during execution of customer projects, including up to 12 hours a day and consistent weekend work to meet project demands
- Bachelor's Degree in Marine, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of nuclear power plant refueling activities and under-vessel activities
- Knowledge of BWR Vessels and Components, Nuclear Steam Safety System (NSSS), Reactor Containment Building
- Strong computer skills; ability to use MS Office, MS Project, E-Matrix Database
- Well organized and self-directed worker
The salary range for this position is $75k- $115k. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate's experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus.
Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.Additional Information
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.Relocation Assistance Provided:
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position