IT Tech Support Specialist - Entry Level
Beacon's Technical Support Group has an immediate opening for an IT Tech Support Specialist. The IT Support Specialist position will conduct remote service and field service calls for Beacon and Beacon customers. The ideal candidate can handle a variety of technologies ranging from: workstations, servers, printers, networks, cloud services and vendor specific hardware and software. They will have the right mix of hands-on-experience with monitoring tools, recommend and implement changes to the production environment that improve the stability, performance, and security of a large scale multi-tenant Windows computing environment. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, multitasking ability, be a self-starter, and collaborate effectively with a team.
We are primarily seeking candidates that live in the Greensboro, NC area. We will consider very strong candidates that live outside the area, but no relocation assistance will be availableKnowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond to IT Help Desk requests submitted via telephone, email, and automated tickets using remote access tools, and onsite troubleshooting
- Work independently to research and resolve complex technical issues
- Employ advanced knowledge of Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems to solve presented issues
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Intermediate technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Intermediate support in remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Monitor issues and alerts via our remote monitoring and management system, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Perform system documentation, maintenance, and review in the help desk management system
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Minimum 2-year IT/Computer Science degree or relevant recent certifications including a Microsoft certification
- Position requires occasional local travel within a 50 mile radius to our office
- Position requires lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate (Preferred).
- Work experience for Managed Service Provider (Preferred).
Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information SystemsProfessional Certification
Microsoft MCP in Windows 10, MCSA, CCSPAbout Beacon
For nearly 25 years, Beacon shines as a nationally recognized, full-service web solutions firm through its comprehensive web design, digital marketing and web hosting services that focuses on Higher Education, Multi-Family Residential Property Management and Retail/Wholesale. The majority of Beacon's work is with colleges and universities around the country, with customers across 45 states. We work together as a team to build stunning and highly effective websites, coupled with digital marketing and hosting services to drive admissions and student engagement. Our multi-family property services support hundreds of properties to market and fill open apartments for large-portfolio property management companies. Beacon has direct partnership arrangements with some of the leading, best of breed, technology companies, including Google (as one of the longest active Google Analytics Certified Partners in the US). Beacon is also recognized locally as one of the top managed IT services providers, with our staff monitoring and supporting desktops, servers and networking of many companies within the Triad.
We are a tight knit team of experts across a wide range of technical, creative, marketing and professional skills that love working together to provide a direct and valuable impact to our customers. Entry level employees get firsthand experience with industry experts. Experienced employees expand and share their knowledge while making an immediate impact. Beacon is really all about teamwork, helping others use technology effectively and work/life balance.A Great Place to Work
Since 1998, Beacon has focused on providing high-quality web solutions for its customers and building a work environment that supports a great work/life balance. Consistently named as one of the best places to work, our employees enjoy flex-time schedules, work from home options, health club membership, casual work environment, a company-wide profit-sharing bonus program, 100% insurance coverage (health, dental, vision), 401(k) plan with a generous company match, 10 paid holidays which includes your "birthday holiday", an ample supply of PTO, semi-annual employee meetings so everyone is "in the know", weekly trivia contests, and fun monthly social events.
Community service is very important to Beacon as well - feeding hungry families, donating gifts for children during the holidays, raising money for the United Way and through its Weaving Hope mission to build preschools in Rwanda. And of course, we offer highly competitive compensation, as well as educational and travel opportunities.
The Beacon team genuinely enjoys working together and helping its customers fully utilize web technology to maximize the growth of their businesses. If you meet the qualifications above and believe you would thrive in this environment, please check out our website and send us your resume.
- Compensation includes a competitive salary and full benefits.
- Interviews will be scheduled based on qualified resumes. Please, no walk-ins or phone calls
- No Relocation Assistance available.