Operational Risk Program Manager
PositionOperational Risk Program Manager
Delta Community Credit Union Administrative Office - Riverwood 200
Job DescriptionDelta Community is one of the largest and fastest growing credit unions in Georgia. Our rapid growth has created additional career opportunities within the organization. We are looking for energetic, flexible, and service oriented individuals for the following position.
Reporting to the Enterprise Risk Management leader, the Operational Risk Program Manager as a second line of defense will: support implementation, enhancement and maintenance of the operational and fraud risk frameworks including Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA), to effectively identify, assess, monitor and measure risk involving people, processes, systems and external events. They will ensure operational risk program as part of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) aligns with strategic business initiatives, achieve business and quality objectives, improve quality of services, mitigate risk, maximize returns, and enhance operating procedures. They will also collaborate with first line business units and Compliance to assess and support organization risk mitigation needs by developing strategies, tactics, and quality review solutions. The Operational Risk Program Manager will ensure adherence to laws, regulations, policies, best practices, and industry standards related to the activities of the credit union and the business unit.
Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
• Conceptualize and implement tools, methods, and programs to identify and mitigate operational risks, manage risk exposure, and ensure best practices
• Support the production of operational risk reporting for the Credit Union's key governance committees
• Assist in design and implementation of enterprise fraud strategy or a fraud transformation program
• Develop and execute early upstream fraud detection, prevention, mitigation and investigative analysis consistent with benchmark frameworks
• Lead and oversee functional RCSAs and operational reviews, root cause analysis, analysis of business and fraud risk and the design and implementation of internal controls
• Develop and implement Fraud and Operational Key Risk Indicators (KRI) to detect and monitor risk exposure
• Oversee the identification and remediation of control deficiencies, conduct quality control reviews, develop solutions to strengthen controls, and oversee corrective actions to aid management decisions and mitigate operational and regulatory risks
• Communicate quality assurance procedures, existing protocols, and effective controls
• Evaluate the adequacy of corrective action taken on past reviews and reports on the status of approved recommendations
• Partner with management and key staff from other business units to identify processes, study and investigate operational risk issues, and develop solutions
• Ensure understanding and implementation of new operational risk policies and procedures
• Develop and translate strategy and goals into branch objectives, plans, and actions
• Develop policies, processes, and procedures for the branch to effectively manage fraud and financial risk
• Assist with strategic planning and goal-setting for the ERM program
• Consult with key strategic partners to ensure branch objectives align with division and department goals
• Direct the development of key projects/initiatives in consultation with business partners
• Partner with senior management to ensure internal/external exam preparedness
• Measure and evaluate the success of operational risk programs to determine the effectiveness of the business units' adherence to the operational risk framework requirements, internal policies, and best practices
• Perform root cause analysis of risks to identify potential process and/or training enhancements
• Develop strategies to resolve system/operational/functional issues; develop standards, objectives, priorities and alternatives
• Define specifications for automated system development and enhancement, assess accuracy of deliverables, and determine training and communication needs
• Ensure section goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
• Training - Support the development of knowledge and understanding of operational risk across the organization.
• Acting as alternate to colleagues as required and provide support on ad-hoc tasks as required
• Supportive role in Regulatory engagements as appropriate
• This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
Position may offer work from home opportunities, pending specific performance and departmental needs.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
• 3+ years' Operational Risk Framework implementation gained within a financial services environment where a mature operational risk process has been developed
• 2+ years' executing fraud operations processes and workflows
• Working knowledge of Operational Risk related framework, policies, procedures, products, and services
• Comprehensive understanding of banking/financial industry trends, products and services
• Working knowledge of ACFE, COSO ERM, ISO 31000 and /or GRC tools and techniques
• Experience managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Experience collaborating and working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill in project management to include establishing and leading risk assessment projects; managing timelines/deadlines/resources; ensuring successful project implementation
• Advanced database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
• Intellectual curiosity, proactive, ability to take ownership of tasks/projects, able to shape projects and drive them through to completion
• Successful candidate should possess the following competencies: Creativity and Innovation, Decision Making, Interactive Communications, Relationship Building, Results Management.
• Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
• Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
• 5+ years' Operational Risk Framework implementation gained within a financial services environment where a mature operational risk process has been developed
• 3+ years' Fraud Risk Framework implementation gained within banking industry
• Strong knowledge of banking industry, financial products and services, and industry best practices for enhancing Operational, Fraud, and Enterprise Risk System
• Progressive experience leading and managing an analytics operation, preferably in a large financial institution, including operational and regulatory risk controls
• Risk Management Certifications (ORMFC, ACFE, CERP, CRMP, ABA Operational Risk Management)
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
Employee benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• Basic Life and Accidental Death &Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program and MyAdvocate
• Supplemental Insurance or Voluntary Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match
• Vacation, Holidays and Personal Time Off
• Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
• Pre-tax Health and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
• Benefit Choice Program
• Health Reward Dollars
• Discount on Gym Reimbursement and Identity Theft Programs
• Legal Services