ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include painting, carpet/floor cleaning, etc
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, including the repair and/or replacement of air conditioning units.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include television sets, light fixtures, etc.
- Perform all other duties outlined in the Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Clean and maintain the hotel’s exterior areas, to include the parking lot, and all other aspects pertaining to the hotel’s overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Protect Company assets by properly securing tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Report requests for major repairs to the Chief of Engineer in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
- Smile, acknowledge, and greet guests while in guest rooms or any other area of the hotel.
- Respond to guest’s requests for immediate repairs.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Assist other employees in various assignments, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, operating the hotel shuttle/van, and assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed.
- Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as in accordance with posted OSHA, HazCom, and Blood Borne Pathogen regulations.
- Report and store lost-and-found items in accordance with hotel procedure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Graduate of HVAC School or equivalent experience. Work experience in plumbing, carpentry, appliance and electrical repairs, and painting.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Good written and oral communication skills.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Must have a passing grade on pre-determined company test for this position. Must have a valid driver license and good driving record (verified by 5 years Motor Vehicle Report) and maintain this status. Self starter, takes initiative, negotiator, aggressive, positive behavior, and a team player. Must be responsible, trustworthy and organized. Excellent references required. Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure. Career oriented.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.