KPM CPAs & Advisors (KPM) is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting, Outsourcing & Consulting (AOC) team. The AOC team provides a diverse range of accounting services to clients, truly taking pride in working with clients to help them achieve their goals. Success for clients is success for the AOC team.
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset and strive to provide a combination of balance, teamwork, mutual respect, and trust. We recognize our professionals are at their best when provided with the opportunity to experience a full family and personal life and a challenging and rewarding career with growth potential. KPM also provides a competitive salary and benefits package. Balance is possible, let us help you achieve it.
This position will perform a variety of accounting and financial work, including the following:
• Build & maintain client relationships
• Troubleshoot & research payroll & software issues
• Perform tax consulting & preparation services
• Create sales & use tax calculations & reporting
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, & yearly accounting & financial statements
• Analyze accounting records to assess accuracy & identify areas of opportunity
• Complete a variety special projects
Success in this position requires the following:
• Excellent QuickBooks & QuickBooks Online skills, including troubleshooting, set-up, & related apps
• Excellent Microsoft Excel & Word skills
• Top-notch client service skills
• Work as a team player contributing to shared successes
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Strict confidentiality of the firm's clients & businesses
Understanding the variety of work this position includes, it requires a strong understanding of accounting and financial principals, plus the following:
• Experience with cloud accounting, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, payroll apps & ACS
• College degree in accounting or related field
• Two years of related experience preferred
• CPA designation preferred
Since 1966, KPM has served a variety of industries and clientele, providing accounting, audit, tax, and consulting services to help clients prosper. The firm was recently named one of Biz 417's 'Best Places to Work' and is one of the largest locally owned CPA and advisory firms in Southwest Missouri (Springfield Business Journal), a top Midwestern firm (Accounting Today), a top 300 firm in the U.S. (INSIDE Public Accounting), and one of 'America's Best Tax & Accounting Firms' (Forbes). KPM also is a member of The Leading Edge Alliance and has office locations in Springfield and Branson. Visit www.kpmcpa.com to learn more.
KPM is an equal opportunity employer and employer decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or creed, disability, national origin, or any other protected status.