The Innovation Communications Manager is responsible for creating internal/external communications plans and programs for stakeholders within the firm, specifically to drive First Choice Advisor (FCA) behaviors aligned with Firm culture ("5Cs"), organizational alignment (across LOBs, industry, global), technical knowledge and growth. The position will be responsible for building strong relationships and developing multi-channel, compelling strategies, tactics and deliverables to inform, engage and align stakeholders with firm programs. The role focuses on the Firm's innovation-related activities, including leading internal and external communications for the Firm's Acceleration Center for Innovation and serving on the Firm's Innovation Steering Committee.
Location Flexibility- RSM's candidate search for this position is nationwide. REIMAGINING FLEXIBILITY- RSM's goal is to offer flexibility in when, where and how you work to help manage your unique professional and personal priorities while still delivering excellent RSM experiences for your clients, colleagues and communities. Essential Duties:
Minimum Qualifications: EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Serve as the communication leader for RSM's Innovation activities working directly with the Firm's Innovation leader and leadership team
- Participate in strategy meetings with IMC team and business leaders as appropriate and build supporting communication plans
- Develop communication strategies, tactics and deliverables in alignment with RSM's vision, purpose, values and strategies, including directly supporting leader communications
- Ensure connectivity and alignment with other strategies and initiatives (LOB, industry, global, innovation, middle market economics, etc.)20%
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to effectively strategize and execute communications to support relevant industries, lines of business or other strategies
- Collaborate with the public affairs, thought leadership, IMC team, SMEs and outside agency, as needed, to develop media relations strategies for assigned area, assist with preparation of spokespeople, build relationships with trade media and coordinate interviews. Seek to actively position RSM's expertise.
- Collaborate with the editor and IMC core team to support development and distribution of compelling thought leadership internally and externally.
- Collaborate with senior executives and counterparts on the public affairs, thought leadership, IMC teams and in other functions to ensure that communications are planned, sequenced and integrated across the enterprise.
- Collaborate across IMC to ensure activities are aligned and effectively communicated to all key stakeholder groups
- Work with the RSM International Executive Office as needed to enhance awareness of U.S. capabilities across the network and alignment with the network around key business objectives and initiatives. 20%
- Develop compelling content strategies that inform, engage and inspire
- Write and edit communications for internal and external audiences in creative ways that inform, engage and inspire appropriate behaviors and actions, including developing tools and templates to be used in the field with a focus on integrating messaging across various programs and channels, whenever possible.
- Coordinate the logistics of communication campaigns to ensure that all communication and materials are delivered on time and through the proper channels.
- Publish and deliver content through the firm's internal and external communication platforms, including RSM Power, webcasts, intranet, social media and website.
- Build plan to optimize use of RSM Power as a communication platform
- Implement process to monitor flow and quality of content, and measure engagement of content via RSM Power
- Ensure ongoing development and usage of templates, toolkits and meetings in a box to drive consistent messaging throughout communities within RSM
- Develop standards and processes for gathering and developing content that reinforces the firm's vision, purpose, strategy, values/5C's through communities within RSM
- Monitor and evaluate program for continuous improvement. 40%
- Actively participate in communication team meetings to share ideas and insights to continually improve communication processes, tools and results. 10%
- Actively build relationships with team members and key stakeholders. 10%
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Communications, English or Journalism (required)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills (required)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (required)
- Dynamic Signal or other social media platforms (preferred)
- SharePoint (preferred)
- Yammer (preferred)
- 7+ years of corporate communications experience (required)
- Demonstrated experience defining and managing communications strategy for a business unit (required)
- Effective presentation and communication skills (required)
- Ability to learn new subject areas quickly (required)
- Highly collaborative and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to achieve results (required)
- Proven experience working in a complex, matrixed environment (required)
- Ability to coach executives in developing compelling messaging and delivering effective communications (required)
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM's total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html . In accordance with applicable law and RSM policy, prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If not vaccinated for COVID-19 they must qualify for an accommodation to this vaccination requirement or participate in testing.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID: req29056_2
Line of Business: Internal Client Service
SubFunction: Marketing and Communications
Job Type: FullTime
Req #: req29056_2
Location: New York City, NY US
Job Category: Marketing
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Salary Range: $84500 - $145700