Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Job DescriptionRole Summary
The Specialist, Events, "specialist" is responsible for internal and external events. This includes client outings, dinners and lunches, receptions, summer associate events, partner restaurant reservations, annual partners' retreat and other requests.
The specialist is involved in assisting the business development and practice development teams in fostering external client efforts through special events.Key Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Assist with internal strategy, hands-on planning and coordination of meetings and special events, working closely with practice groups, business development and marketing teams.
- Help design and implement innovative special events for current and prospective clients and referral sources.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with external vendors to ensure quality, cost effective services.
- Assist in vendor and contract negotiations; research new venues and branded giveaways and participate in idea generation.
- Act as internal consultant and resource providing information and recommendations.
- Coordinate all amenities and accommodations at events.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling of event budgets, providing reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- College degree preferred but commensurate with experience.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in area of events planning and execution.
- Previous experience working in a law firm or professional services environment preferred.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to work through complex issues successfully.
- Proactive and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines, follow-up as needed.
- Adaptable and assertive, when necessary, thrives in a fast-paced environment working successfully with all levels of leadership.
- Strong attention to detail with a highly organized approach to working.
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills, successfully able to build relationships with a variety of diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of NYC fine dining and a familiarity with event spaces a plus
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours.
- Periodic travel as needed.