AMOT, founded in 1948, provides control, safety and hazardous area solutions for engines, compressors, turbines, marine and other industrial applications. Our product families include valves, electric and pneumatic instrumentation, control systems, bearing condition monitors and hazardous area safety products.
AMOT is seeking a temporary HR Generalist for a 6 month assignment. The temporary HR Generalist will provide administrative support in all areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to, employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, talent management, and employee services. The temporary HR Generalist will partner with department managers to understand their business needs and provide exceptional service and support. The temporary HR Generalist maintains policy compliance and will work collaboratively with work council, company, and corporate HR initiatives. This position will require problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to resolving issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Talent Acquisition and Onboarding
- Support recruitment and selection efforts for internal and external openings
- Partner with Function Managers to understand current staffing needs.
- Create new hire requisitions and/or offers for approval
- Prepare job advertisements and manage the posting process
- Monitorcareers e-mail site, online application sites,handle candidate correspondence, on a daily basis
- Drive the candidate selection process
- Review resumes and prepareshortlist for managers
- Distribute resumes, schedule interviews, gather candidate feedback from managers
- Maintain/ensure candidate files are accurate, up to date and complete
- Assist in the offer preparation and offer approval process
- Manage external onboardingprocess during pre-hire
- Coordinate drug screens, reference checking, background checks, etc.
- Ensures effective onboarding and retention of new hires through check-in meetings and consistent communication with management.
- Maintain Reporting
- Maintains AAP required information
- Maintains department reports for Talent Acquisition; weekly job posting reports, monthlyheadcount updates and various KPI's
Other General HR Support
- Work with Roper Benefits to handle administration of the Open Enrollment process.
- Respond to general employee inquiries about benefits coverage or enrollment issues. Refer employees to Roper Benefits Helpline for benefits problem resolution.
- Maintain Gallup process which will include monthly goal update meetings with functional managers to ensure continued progress towards goals.
- Support HR Director with GDPR initiatives when required.
- Provide professional, efficient, and positive customer service to visitors, employees, candidates, and vendors.
- Assist with Performance Management including running reports, sending out reminder emails, and supporting the year-end performance review process.
- Ensure all North America data for headcount, organization charts, etc. is maintained and is cross-referenced for consistency on a monthly or other required basis.
- Prepare and route employee data change forms for approvals
- Prepare letters, e-mails, scans, verifications of employment, and other correspondence as needed.
- Manage leave of absence (STD, FMLA, etc.) process
- Process invoices for payment
- Coordinate meeting logistics and prepare PowerPoint slides (i.e. all-employee meetings) as needed.
- Maintain confidential Employee forms and files (personnel files, HIPAA files, I-9s, storage files, recruiting files, etc.) in U.S
- Process employee record changes in HRIS and ERP databases and communicate to affected departments as needed, maintaining data integrity.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and organize work areas for efficiency and safety.
- Provides status reports to management as required.
- Responds to change productively and handles other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field from four-year college or university
- 3-5+ plus years experience in a corporate HR role
- HR certification preferred (SPHR, PHR, GPHR or other globally accredited HR certification level).
- Demonstrated experience with project management and coordination.
- Experience in a manufacturing/production background preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in IFS or other Oracle based ERP (preferred) and have advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint, and be proficient in Visio.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information to management and public groups.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands/fingers to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)