This position is a member of the Credit Strategy team
The Credit Strategy team manages consumer and merchant risk across all our verticals and products. We enable profitable growth through the development of profitable decision-making frameworks, the creation of predictive models and segmentation, and the design of customer servicing and merchant management strategies.
The team is structured under following core functions:
- Consumer Credit Risk Management: Monitor consumer loan portfolios and optimize profit based on consumer loan performance
- Merchant Risk Management: merchant risk management throughout the merchant lifecycle from underwriting to ongoing merchant management
- Fraud Risk: Evaluate consumer and merchant applications and transactions for fraud risk and develop strategies to minimize fraud losses
- Collections Strategy: Analyze high risk and delinquent accounts and develop strategies to maximize collections and recoveries
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide analytical support in the identification of risks, opportunities, and strategic or tactical recommendations
- Develop predictive decisioning rules that balance risk with customer and merchant experience
- Perform root cause analysis of changing trends to identify performance drivers with minimal assistance
- Conduct quantitative analysis and analyze large volumes of data to identify emerging performance trends with minimal assistance
- Collaborate with teams within the Analytics function to develop and test hypothesis
- Research industry trends and competitor analysis and present findings to management
- Clearly and concisely communicate results of analysis both written and verbally
- Develop, manage, and report on KPIs
- Be the trusted internal resource by demonstrating a deep understanding in your area of ownership
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science etc.
- Ability to program using SQL, SAS, R, Python or another similar programming language
- Strong problem solving, decision making, and analytical abilities
- Internship or other experience in an analytical/quantitative role
- Passionate about using data and analytics to solve problems
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science etc.
- Ability to apply advanced quantitative methods to influence key business decisions and provide guidance and insights to senior management
- Exposure to Data Visualization software, like Tableau preferred
- Proficient in MS Office products, particularly Excel including proficiency with pivot tables
- Skilled communicator with ability to influence others
- Flexibility, perseverance, and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, and demanding environment
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.greensky.com