A Career at HARMANAs a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.About the Role
The Tax Analyst position will assist in the preparation and review of the U.S. federal, state and local income tax compliance and global provision process. Additional responsibilities will include assistance with various international compliance requirements and ad hoc projects.Your Team
What You Will Do
- This position does not have any direct reports.
What You Need
- Detailed preparation of the U.S. quarterly tax provision using excel and One Source Tax Provision software.
- Oversee the "rest of world" tax provisions and monitor unusual effective tax rates on a quarterly basis.
- Regularly monitor global tax accounts for consistent financial statement reporting worldwide.
- Collectively work with tax team to gather information necessary to complete all required domestic, state and local, and international income tax returns for U.S. and SAMSUNG Korea compliance process, including U.S estimated taxes and extension requests.
- Assist tax team with developing and calculating various tax calculations for tax return positions on current and future tax laws.
- Catalog and inventory tax notices and prepare brief narratives and resolutions of the issues.
- Create and maintain a global audit risk tracker.
- Assist tax team with income tax examinations by taxing authorities.
- Assist with tax requirements for SOX internal audit controls.
- Assist with 1042 reporting, FINCEN 114, and FATCA requirements.
What is Nice to Have
- The Tax Analyst will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field.
- Minimum of 0-3 years of Big Four Public Accounting or equivalent experience working on corporate income taxes.
- Experience preparing corporate income tax returns and income tax provisions.
- Working knowledge of Accounting for Income Taxes under ASC 740 and relevant statutory accounting standards.
- Solid understanding of how to perform tax technical research.
What Makes You Eligible
- Advanced computer skills including Excel.
- One Source Tax Provision
- IFRS experience
- Self-starter with the ability to take direction and build on it independently
- Be willing to work in an office, hybrid model, in Stamford, CT
What We Offer
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Access to employee discounts on world-class Harman and Samsung products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- Extensive training opportunities through our own HARMAN University
- Competitive wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to HARMAN Campus Fitness Center and Cafeteria
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)