Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
The Lead, Transmission & Engineering Planning & Scheduling is responsible for the group that provides planning & scheduling services to the Transmission and Engineering organizations. Plans and directs the development of baseline schedules and controls for capital program improvement projects from the initiation of the Project Authorization Form (PAF) to close-out. Leads a regional Project Planning & Scheduling Team to ensure Transmission, Distribution, Grid Modernization and Telecommunication capital program improvement projects are completed on time, on budget, safely and in line with performance targets while minimizing risk and exposure. Responsible for monthly project performance tracking and reporting within established project baseline schedule milestones, focusing on accuracy of the schedule network logic, critical paths, schedule risk identification, and schedule forecasting. The role will be responsible for a variety of complex reports and analyses in support of Eversources projects and capital program. Responsible to streamline the scheduling process of using Primavera, ensuring the process is followed throughout Eversources Transmission & Engineering Organizations. Provides leadership and oversees the work activity of the Transmission & Engineering Planning & Scheduling Team. As leader of the Planning and Scheduling Team it includes the responsibility to assign work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
- Builds and leads a diverse, cohesive team to meet the department and strategic needs of Eversource.
- Provides direction and coaching as needed to the Transmission & Engineering Planning & Scheduling Team.
- Evaluates team performance, training needs and provides development opportunities as appropriate.
- Responsible for producing project schedules, specialized cost reports and development and utilization of performance tools.
- Responsible for working closely with Transmission and Engineering leaders to develop and maintain an accurate, credible schedule and status of assigned activities.
- Works with Transmission & Engineering Contracts and Controls for the development of the Primavera Schedules required for supporting Desktop Requisitions to develop and execute external engineering, material purchased and construction services work.
- Monitors and reports on external engineering and construction vendor schedule performance and coordinates with external vendors obtaining schedule status.
- Ensures project schedules are agreed and approved by key project stakeholders before baselines are set.
- Produces, maintains, and reports out of transmission and engineering metrics/dashboards including schedule performance, productivity, resource loading and other key metrics that will continue to drive efficiency and transparency for Transmission and Engineering execution.
- Works with key project stakeholders, such as Engineering, Transmission Business, Distribution Business, Station Operations, Procurement and others as required to ensure project activities are in alignment with overall project, department, and company objectives.
- Ensuring the accuracy of all scheduling information including confirmation that schedules have been properly coded.
- Overseeing the production of required schedule reports that identify schedule variances and participate in the change control process and validation of the revised project baseline.
- Reviewing, evaluating, and reporting on engineering performance, trends, and their impact on project schedules.
- Planning, assigning, and checking the quality of work of team members.
- Responsible for quality of Engineer of Choice (EOC) vendor resource pool and Contractor of Choice (COC) vendor resource pool defines and oversees contractor performance expectations for schedule and cost reporting.
- Responsible for the effective partnering and communication between Project Management, Engineering, Project Controls, Transmission Business, Distribution Business, Station Operations, Procurement, Legal, and other groups as appropriate for managing cross-functional relationships.
- Ensures that all EOC and COC vendor schedule submissions are processed timely, with quality and in accordance with contract requirements.
- Supports the internal analysis of EOC and COC contract change requests to determine the merit of out-of-scope claims and reasonableness of the compensation.
- Coordinates EOC and COC vendor schedule disputes with responsible project stakeholders as needed to review potential disputes and claims before they become legal issues.
- Directs the process to monitor, close out and archive schedules, including analysis of actual schedule vs. baseline schedule and appropriate changes to procedures.
- Ensures compliance with corporate procedures consistent with regulatory requirements. Performs periodic self-audits to ensure compliance. Develops reporting and corrective action plan to resolve/mitigate findings.
- This individual understands project management theories and methodologies. Knowledge of scheduling modeling, risk management, project information systems. Individual to be a proven leader in team building, development and execution of department goals and objectives and the implementation of corporation goals and objectives. Ability to monitor and analyze cost and scheduling information, provide forecasts, oversee the development of performance tools, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels. Demonstrated ability to influence group culture. Other required skills include experience using and managing the use of Maximo, P6, Ariba, eBuilder, Power BI and Excel software.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent degree or experience desired.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience including a minimum of five (5) years experience supervising and/or leading a diverse and cross functional teams supporting project execution, process improvements and group facilitation.
- Demonstrated experience as an Oracle Primavera P6 advanced user, administrator, and trainer preferred
- Experience in Electrical Transmission and Distribution planning and scheduling preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) desirable.
- Oracle Primavera P6 certification desirable.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversources HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers needs is part of every employees role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.