Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Are you interested in a job opportunity that's MORE than JUST a job and that will allow you to give back to the community? Do you enjoy social work and working with disadvantaged populations where the work you put in will make a true difference in people's lives? We would love to hear from you!
Non-Profit organization aiding and providing services for disadvantaged populations is seeking a dynamic Housing Coordinator/Case Manager for its Section 8 program!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screens referrals/applicants for Shelter Plus Care, Homeless Section 8 program eligibility requirements, including certification of homelessness and verification of disabilities.
- Conducts housing search and relocation services for all program participants.
- Researches and develops housing library or list of open / available apartment units for emergency/transitional shelters to assist all candidates in obtaining housing placement.
- Collects program data to assist with the completion and submission of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) annual progress reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated experience and ability to relate to a culturally diverse clientele and staff.
- A bilingual Spanish a HUGE plus!
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Possess Strong community outreach skills.
Send your resume for immediate review! We're HIRING!