A new job is a big decision. Don’t work just anywhere. Be Selective.
Selective is a midsized U.S. domestic property and casualty insurance company with a history of strong financial performance for over 95 years. Focused on exceptional employee and customer experience, we are frequently recognized for awards and honors, including being named to Forbes’ 2021 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance list.
We genuinely care about each other, our customers, and the communities in which we operate. Our leaders actively champion career development and invite us to voice unique ideas and diverse perspectives. If that sounds appealing, we think you would feel inspired on our team to achieve and be rewarded for extraordinary results.
The Selective Business Services Unit is a team of highly talented, self-motivated individuals focused on collaborating innovative ideas with our Business and Information Technology partners. We are currently seeking a Business Analyst who will effectively formulate and define business requirements, system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding while displaying a basic understanding of business systems and industry standards. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting business and systems requirements, and revising existing system logic as necessary with limited direction from Senior Analyst, Business Architects and/or Managers.
- Schedule and facilitate business requirements gathering sessions with business groups. Deliver various presentations as well.
- Develop rates and form attachment logic in PL Rating system
- Identifying all necessary stakeholders for various projects.
- Incorporate effective elicitation practices to ensure effective collection of all information needed for building Requirements and System documentation.
- Document and manage requirements documents (Business Requirements Document, System Requirements Document, Use Case Document), for different types of work (initiatives, enhancements, regulatory, support, break-fix, etc) ensuring quality and completeness of all deliverables and obtaining necessary sign-offs.
- Document requirements for statutory reporting and/or knowledge management.
- Initiate peer review discussions and incorporate feedback into requirement documents.
- Design screen / UI mockups for requirements documents to assist development teams in building screens
- Tracks tasks and accurately provides time estimates for tasks and requirement estimations.
- Conduct requirements walkthrough with development and testing teams. Ensure clarification and understanding on all requirements and obtain sign-off.
- Review coverage of test conditions and prioritize test scenarios for QA team.
- Superior organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Experience with systems software to solve business problems
- Proficient in both Excel and Access.
- In depth knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Ability to build collaborative relationships
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent written communication skills – ability to clearly express thoughts and ideas through documentation
- Formal business analysis skills on project work is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to analyze problems, probe facts, analyze issues and present alternative solutions.
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to effectively manage a range of tasks and projects in an environment with changing priorities.
- Exhibit flexibility working in a fast-paced environment requiring quick response.
- 2+ years of experience in a business analysis role or 3+ years insurance line of business expertise
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Training or certifications in business analysis and project management preferred.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. That means we respect and value every individual’s unique opinions, beliefs, abilities, and perspectives. We are committed to promoting a welcoming culture that celebrates diverse talent, individual identity, different points of view and experiences – and empowers employees to contribute new ideas that support our continued and growing success. Building a highly engaged team is one of our core strategic imperatives, which we believe is enhanced by diversity, equity, and inclusion. We expect and encourage all employees and all of our business partners to embrace, practice, and monitor the attitudes, values, and goals of acceptance; address biases; and foster diversity of viewpoints and opinions.
Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.