We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to elevate Chord as the leader in headless commerce and data. You'll join a growing team that is building a platform to empower the next generation of DTC founders with smart technology, unique customer experiences, and insightful data.
In this role, you will deliver insight in real-time and help us become the most reliable and delightful platform in the commerce space. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction. As our Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a critical member of the Engineering team and will report directly to our Director of Engineering.
Chord is the headless commerce solution that offers superior insights and a perfectly curated stack to let brands scale today, and do things tomorrow they've yet to dream of. We like to think of our product as the tech engine for high-velocity growth. Backed by top venture capital investors, we're a hypergrowth company seeking smart, focused, creative talent to help us shape and realize our vision.
Our company is proudly remote-first, distributed across North America. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Own a holistic view of system health.
- Design and implement software tools and systems to monitor and improve the availability, scalability, latency, performance, change management, and security of Chord's services platform.
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve our products and processes.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple distributed software applications.
- Develop a culture of healthy incident response and postmortems.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in systems engineering, infrastructure engineering, SRE or DevOps roles, preferably in a cloud environment, ideally AWS.
- Experience building automated tools for cloud operations such as automated remediation of known issues, auto-scaling, etc.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, network protocols, and relevant diagnostic tools.
- Practical experience leading multiple successful projects within a team environment as SRE or DevOps. These projects may have taken months or longer to see through.
- A high degree of technical EQ and integrity, where you are willing to work with and improve on code and processes you did not originally write, and understand that codebases naturally evolve as the business evolves over time.
- An active approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks.
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team, withenthusiasm for engaging with software developers, data engineers, and product managers as necessary to deliver great, dependable products and services.
You'll love this role if you are:
- Experience converting applications to run in Docker containers, and with orchestration layers.
- Experience with a distributed site architecture composing many cloud services into a purpose-built stack.
- Experience using Terraform with multiple providers and/or integrated with a build/release system.
- Experience with designing and implementing robust CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with complex ELT pipelines via DBT, FiveTran, Snowflake.
- Experience in an eCommerce environment (peak traffic times/days, seasonality, etc.).
- Experience in software development and/or systems administration.
About your application and the interview process
- Motivated by helping people reach "aha moments" thanks to your guidance.
- Eager to try cutting-edge technologies.
- A life-long learner, especially motivated by teaching as you learn.
- Passionate about creating a better commerce experience for scaling DTC brands.
- Excited by the opportunity to be an early, critical member of a rapidly growing organization.
- Personally aligned with our mission to make commerce accessible.
Chord is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you're unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still encourage you to apply.
Our interview process for the role begins with an exploratory conversation with the Hiring Manager. After that, we'll invite you to a zoom session with a range of stakeholders from across our organization. We aim to get to know you and allow you to learn more about our team and product while being respectful of your time.