In the Contract Coordinator role, you will be responsible for assisting the Managed Care Department (MCD) staff in coordinating department activities and communicating with external clients, providers, external organizations and internal customers. In addition, this position will provide support to the Quality Management System one to two days a week, as needed. Duties
- Provides overall administrative support, including scheduling appointments and meetings, performing data entry, assisting in the production of large mailings, coordinating conference calls, screening telephone calls and providing follow-up as appropriate, organizing and maintaining individual and contract specific files, maintaining monthly activity calendars, and booking conference and training rooms.
- Assists in the development of project tools and templates.
- Supports administration of subcontractors and independent consultants. Responsibilities include entering contracts/agreements in IPRO's online portal and MCD system; internal monitoring of expenses vs. budget; and preparing and maintaining records of financial transactions such as contract invoicing, requests for payments for subcontractors and independent consultants and other expense related items.
- Prepares status reports and other client-required reports such as CMS 64 reports for supervisor review.
- Handles travel arrangements and reimbursement as requested. Prepares purchase orders and check requests as requested.
- Reviews and proofreads MCD reports as requested such as focus studies, compliance reports and State scorecards.
- Supports survey administration including scanning and QA for paper-based projects.
- Ensures that work done on the computer is stored in files that can be easily identified and retrieved.
- Performs medical record review tracking activities. Logs in receipt of medical records. Checks status of records, identifies any discrepancies and prepares records for reviewers. Checks status of medical records when returned from IQC review and makes sure all records are in their correct folders. Logs in additional documentation as received and forwards to the appropriate manager.
- Provides support to the Quality Management System related to survey administration, tracking and reporting, and maintenance of continued ISO certification.
- Maintains a positive, professional demeanor when interacting with external and internal customers.
- Identifies opportunities for improving departmental processes and works with other department staff to design and implement process improvements that foster organization and efficiency.
- Supports departmental management and reporting dashboards such as KPIs.
- Provide support, as necessary, for other department projects and activities.
Education and Experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an eye for detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Able to prioritize and assess workload to maximize productivity.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience with project management tools such as Basecamp or Smartsheet, preferred.
- Effective PC skills including electronic mail, intranet and industry standard applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact with clients, managed care plan staff, external auditors, other external customers and internal staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to efficiently complete all standard administrative tasks, e.g., typing, filing, mailings, handling phone calls.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
- High school graduate (or equivalent). Some college or secretarial school training preferred.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) at an intermediate/advanced level, required.
- Three (3) years of related experience. Previous experience in a health care environment is preferred.
IPRO offers competitive salaries, comprehensive health and dental coverage.
IPRO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.