NC - Brown Summit, NCPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
4 Year DegreeTravel Percentage
Road WarriorJob Shift
Job Summary and Details
Builds business for ABCO's broad range of automation and technical support services by identifying and selling prospects and maintaining relationships with current clients. These products and services will include Custom Automation Solutions, Build-To-Print Machine Building, and Controls & Systems Integration which will be valued contributions to the customer's success. This person will use technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying ABCO's capabilities to their needs resulting in long-term mutually profitable relationships. Responsible for meeting sales goals, margin goals, and being an integral part of the ABCO sales team.Major Accountabilities:
- Meet or exceed sales pre-defined revenue and margin goals. Goal: Annual sales volume of $3MM initially growing to $6+MM within 3 years.
- Identifies and evaluates potential sales opportunities with a focus on new and existing strategic accounts. Prioritizes efforts to achieve highest closure rate, probability of profitability, and customer satisfaction. Goal: (2) new strategic account per year with potential for $.5M in annual sales.
- Provides account management including overseeing all sales activities within a customer account. Creates and maintains customer profile to include key influencers, business needs and future plans, differentiating qualities, decision matrix criteria, competitors, typical project margins, feedback on our performance.
- Maintains the CRM, Customer Relationship Management, system. All customer contacts to be entered into the system and communications posted. Customers to be kept "current". Minimum of 2 communications (email, phone, or meeting) per customer contact per year to maintain good relationships and "current" information.
- Identifies and develops standard ABCO products with potential for $1MM in annual sales and substantial generation of quality leads.
- Provides accurate information on customer needs, specifications, and financial parameters to the Quote Team concerning specific projects. Manages quote activities and customer reviews of concepts with a team based selling emphasis that result in high close rates and projects executed at or above quoted margins.
- Provides timely and professional follow-up to customer needs.
- Effects a smooth transition to the Project Manager responsible for implementation after sale is closed.
- Oversees the development of effective marketing materials to support strategic sales goals.
- Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and customers.
- Produces a monthly forecast of sales revenue that will be measured on accuracy.
- Develops and maintain positive relationships with industry partners and associations.
- Represents ABCO at trade shows and industry events.
- Presents a positive attitude.
- Develops and maintains a team orientation.
- Any other tasks as appropriately assigned.
Working environment is generally favorable with adequate lighting and temperature. There are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, smells etc. Approximately 80% travel.Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's degree. Engineering (EE, ME, IE) or equivalent automation experience.Minimum Years of Experience Required:
Five (5) years of related experienceKey Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Communication Skills
- Customer Contact
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- External Customer Service
- Industry Product Knowledge
- Mechanically Inclined
- Presentation Skills and PC skills
- Problem Solving
- Stress Tolerance
- Work Ethic
Mission Statement and Core Values
ABCO's mission is to provide its clients with a single source for innovative solutions, automation services, and manufacturing support that are valued contributions to their success. ABCO will exceed expectations for quality, execution, and service. We will do this in ways that develop long-term, mutually profitable client relationships. Before growth, profits, and stock values, we believe the needs of our clients and our employees must be met to achieve long-term success. At ABCO, we take great pride in our culture.
What follows are some of the Core Values at the heart of our actions:
- Our clients' needs drive our business
- We do the right thing, the right way ... integrity and quality in everything
- We absolutely stand behind our work
- We are not content with mediocrity; we strive for excellence in all things
- We work together and help each other with a minimum of politics and bureaucracy
- We are excited about our potential for growth both as a company and as individuals
The NC Department of Labor has recognized ABCO Automation as an outstanding company in promoting and maintaining an excellent safety record. The annual award is based on injury and illness incidence rates which must be 50 percent below the industry average.
ABCO has a tradition of making safety a top priority in the workplace and owes this success to our employees. Thank you for all your efforts to maintain a safe and secure working environment. Please continue to build upon our record of success. To do so requires everyone, every day being alert and working hard to avoid accidents in the workplace. Only when we maintain our focus and attention on safety can we continue this great tradition of excellence.