Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation is hiring an Analyst in the Lending Management Group to support the Diversified Industrials sector. The main function of this position is to provide analytical and administrative support to the senior members of the team. This individual will support associates and senior level officers in preparing credit applications, reviewing quarterly loan reports, conducting regular credit reviews of loans in the portfolio, providing research and analytics, and other administrative tasks as required.
- Conduct financial analysis and research on borrowers to assess historical performance and future projections; i.e. Cash flow analysis, risk capital calculations
- Gather support documentation to structure deals, liaise with middle and back office for KYC purposes, and assist in drafting pre-screen memos for the Credit Department.
- Conduct quarterly and annual reviews of loan portfolio and handle a variety of system and procedural issues related to the borrowers such as internal grading, monthly/quarterly reporting, and other ad hoc projects.
- Assist with amendments, loan closings and funding, and other credit and documentation events that may impact the borrower.
- Undertake research and analytics related to specific sectors, regions or loans, and stay abreast of current market conditions.
- Provide ad hoc reports for management.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as an analyst at a bank or financial institution. Highly proficient MS Excel skills.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new processes and systems. Works well in a culturally diverse and team oriented environment.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of information, analyze risk and identify mitigating factors.
- Self-driven and motivated; takes personal ownership of specific assignments.
- Highly collaborative and flexible in a team and client environment and ability to form good relationships internally and externally.
- Able to coordinate and communicate with various internal departments across the bank (middle/back office, global counterparts).
- Ability to organize thoughts and clearly articulate points and provide summaries and explanations of transactions, verbally or in writing to management or other internal departments.
- Experience in preparing credit applications, performing cash flow analysis, ability to read and interpret financial statements, and strong accounting skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.