The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust (“Helmsley”) is a global philanthropy driven by a vision of a world where everyone has the resources they need to thrive by increasing access to healthcare, advancing new research and ideas, and improving people’s quality of life no matter where they call home. Helmsley strives to make a meaningful impact in its focus areas, matching its significant financial assets with a rigorous and results-oriented approach. Helmsley is committed to close and productive partnerships with its grantees, as well as with other funders and impact players in government, academia, and the private sector who share its interests and goals. Above all, Helmsley endeavors to be forward-thinking in every aspect of its work and will take risks that others cannot or will not take when the risk/reward trade-off warrants.
Since 2008, when Helmsley began its active grant making, it has committed more than $3 billion. For more information on Helmsley, please visit www.helmsleytrust.org.Position Summary
The Information Technology Technician is an integral part of the IT team and has an end user customer service focus. This position is the first line of response to provide desktop support for hardware and software issues and will include lifting and handling computer equipment and periperals. This position will also work with end users to implement the rollout of new hardware, software, mobile devices, and security measures. The IT Technician reports to the Director of IT and works with all department and program staff as well as outside service providers.Responsibilities
- Serve as first point of contact for technical assistance and provide remote and in-person support.
- On-site and remote setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of computer hardware, network, phones, mobile, and peripheral devices.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange and coordinate servicing needs.
- Coordinate with staff and provide A/V support for internal and external meetings (both in-person and virtual). Work with vendors to troubleshoot and address A/V issues.
- Coordinate on and off boarding of staff. Work with internal groups and external IT consultants to manage security groups and setup or terminate accounts.
- Purchase and order new equipment, maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Develop training materials, provide on-site orientation, and continual instruction to new users and existing staff on current and new technologies.
- Assist in determining the appropriate software and hardware solutions to meet needs. Support rollout of new hardware, software, security measures, and other IT initiatives.
- Work with IT department and outside vendors to document procedures and best practices.
- Perform other and related duties as assigned.
Health, Well-being, and Living Our Mission
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience as an IT Technician or other relevant position
- Degree in Information Technology or relevant field preferred
- Understanding of diverse computer platforms, e.g., laptops, desktops, mobile devices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows in a domain environment
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility and adaptability commensurate with working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to meet deadlines with strong planning, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in a clear, concise manner that is understandable by all staff members both with presentations and creation of documentation
- Must thrive in a team setting, but work well independently and self-sufficiently
- An up-beat attitude under pressure, and the ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles a plus
- Knowledge of SharePoint or experience with Web development a plus
Helmsley is dedicated to creating stronger, healthier futures for communities in the U.S. and around the world. Our departments and grantmaking programs are comprised of subject matter experts from a range of backgrounds in basic science, global health, and precision medicine, as well as the private sector and public policy.
Helmsley colleagues are intelligent, creative, forward thinking, and strongly committed to working productively with our grantee partners. Each was drawn to Helmsley by the same opportunity: to help build this young organization into a leading global charitable institution that will drive meaningful and measurable positive change in lives throughout the U.S. and around the world for years to come.
Comprehensive benefits currently offered to employees (subject to change) include:
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and their families
- Generous 401(k) employer contribution
- 23+ paid vacation and sick days
- 13+ paid holidays
- End of year office closure
- Summer Fridays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal and team professional development opportunities
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume (in Word or PDF format), via the linkhttps://helmsleytrust.org/about/#careers-section.
The position is based at Helmsley’s main office in New York City. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The ability to work and collaborate in person with colleagues at Helmsley’s office is an essential function of this job. To protect the health and safety of our employees, and consistent with Helmsley’s mandatory vaccination policy, all new hires (except those granted reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable law) are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Helmsley provides equal employment and promotional opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.