World Shipping, Inc. is currently hiring a Junior System Administrator for our growing IT team here in Rocky River!
The Jr. System Administrator is responsible for a wide variety of computer systems essential to World Group business operations. This person will support various technical disciplines including networking, server hardware/software maintenance, e-mail, backup solutions, security, cloud computing. Coordinates with vendors and internal stakeholders for implementing systems as needed. Provides proactive systems support, as well as addressing issues from escalated HelpDesk tickets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining server operating systems and hardware in support of business processing requirements
- Supporting server platforms including VMWare vSphere, Windows, Linux, and others.
- Provide integration and operational support for distributed systems in an enterprise environment
- Analyzing vulnerability remediation notices, researching solutions, testing, applying policies and/or pushing solutions to the devices and may include providing leadership for the team
- Ownership to track status of tickets, ensuring they are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Performs administration tasks for the virtual desktop environment such as system updates, error resolution, performance monitoring.
- Maintains Office 365 components such as Exchange Online and Teams. Ability to navigate portals of these areas to achieve specific tasks.
- Maintain and monitor backup infrastructure for Office 365, SQL Server, and VMware. Performing restores as needed.
- Develop operational risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Ability to research and analyze complex problems, determine root cause, and implement corrective action.
- Create and maintain clear and concise documentation
- Ensures compliance with QA standards
- Point of escalation for service requests on all infrastructure issues. Responds to phone, email, voice mail, verbal, and Help Desk portal tickets..
- Responsible for assisting with the design, execution, and support of IT initiatives and special projects, maintain the current infrastructure and administrative systems
- Take initiative to become further educated in relevant systems administration, information technology, and emerging trends.
- Install and configure physical hardware as needed.
- Willingness to learn and take on complex tasks.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience providing end-user support with fantastic customer service.
- Understanding of networking technologies and protocols (LAN, WAN, DNS, Security, routing, VPN, email routing, SFTP)
- Knowledge of Azure management and/or cloud computing concepts.
- Knowledge of Office 365 and related applications
- Knowledge of Linux systems is a plus.
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies like vSphere and ESXi.
- Experience with virtual desktop environments like Citrix XenApp and VMware Horizon, Windows server and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with supporting a 24x7 production environment.
- Associates Degree or higher in Information Technology or 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows Server, Windows 10/11, Cloud Computing, VMware are a plus.
Move physical appliances as needed weighing up to 50 pounds in offices or datacenters
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Life, AD&D, & Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial planning
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% company match
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development & growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work arrangements
- Bonus Eligibility
World Shipping, Inc. is an independent shipping agency specializing in vessel operations, APIS/AMS/ACI/ENOA/D, grain forwarding, and project logistics. The company is the maritime concierge for all Great Lakes ports in both the United States and Canada. Founded in 1960, World Shipping, Inc. is the founding company of World Group, and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
Founded in 1960, World Group is a leading American-owned NVOCC, freight forwarder, transportation, warehousing, and logistics organization. We move freight through the air, across the oceans, and over the roads, from anywhere. Find out how we can help get your freight where it needs to be byvisiting our website:www.worldshipping.com
WE'RE GROWING - JOIN OUR WORLD GROUP COMMUNITY TODAY!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)