Project Coordinator - Construction Industry
R.D. Olson Construction is an Orange County based national general contracting and construction management firm recognized for reliability and customer loyalty. We are known for our hospitality construction expertise and a growing presence in multi-unit housing with an established reputation as a builder that is at the forefront of emerging technologies and building trends.
Founded by Robert Olson in 1979 and headquartered in Irvine, California, the success of the company is attributed to a staff of dedicated employees who place a high value on integrity and have the experience to excel in commercial construction. R.D. Olson Construction has been selected one of the best places to work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal for the last five years.
The Project Coordinator is a key team member and responsible for a variety of daily assignments while assisting the project team in the successful completion of their current project. A Project Coordinator's responsibilities generally continue through the project’s duration and include:
- Typing, assembling and duplicating the proposal book or bid package.
- Preparing outgoing documents.
- Receiving incoming documents.
- Create and maintain:
- The Project Preliminary Information and Job Set up Form.
- Subcontract Agreements and their Exhibits.
- Project related documents and folders, i.e., create, scan, file and archive all project documents.
- Tracking and monitoring project related subcontractor’s qualification packages.
- Cost code and match receipts to vendor invoices for Project Manager approval.
- Assists the Project Manager and Project Accountant by obtaining Subcontractor monthly progress and final billings and releases.
- Works with the Project Accountant to insure complete and timely owner billings and subcontractor payments.
- Serves as administrative assistant to the Project Team.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma
- One plus years’ experience as a Project Coordinator (or similar role) for a General Contractor in the construction industry.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Billings/invoices, subcontracts, and insurance requirements
- PMWeb or similar project management software.
R.D. Olson Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly