This position is responsible for ensuring accurate sales & use tax accounting processes. This role will manage one tax accountant and report to the Controller. This person is required to have extensive knowledge of sales tax rules and filings. This role will need to research tax guidelines when information is new or unknown, including the growth into new states. This role offers an interesting variety of projects and ample opportunity for professional growth and development.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and review monthly sales & use tax returns
- Manage external state sales, use and property tax audits
- Manage and perform the preparation of annual property tax returns
- Run sales tax reports to review and reconcile data
- Reconcile sales tax liability to general ledger account balances
- Review purchases for use tax and summarize exceptions for journal entry adjustments.
- Perform technical research for tax related issues as needed, including Nexus requirements
- Review and approve purchase orders for the correct tax treatment
- Maintain and validate customer exemption certificates
- Collaborate with IT and One Source resources when necessary to solve open issues or initiatives.
- Review and appeal real estate tax assessments when applicable
- Initiate and implement work process improvements; automating activities and eliminating rework and duplication of effort.
- Working knowledge of sales tax rules and filings
- Experience with sales tax audits
- Demonstrate decision making, critical thinking, and analytics skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Organized and able to manage time and multiple tasks wisely
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues
Bachelor's Degree in AccountingExperience:
Minimum 5 years of Sales and Use Tax Accounting Systems:
Oracle, MS Excel, and One Source or similar tax software systemsAdditional Requirements:
Managerial Responsibilities: Managers the Tax Staff Accountant(s)
Travel Requirements: None
Physical Requirements: Office position requiring telephone and computer use
Cambria offers a competitive benefits package that encompasses Health and Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401(k) plus matching, Discretionary Profit Sharing, Flexible Spending Account, Life, Supplemental Life, and Disability Insurance, Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discount and Professional Development Assistance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CambriaCares is our commitment to empower our people, support our communities, and help to sustain our environment.
For additional company information, please visit www.CambriaUSA.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.