Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.About the Team
The ML Product Management Team leads the way in applying ML technologies to deliver customer value in Workday's products. We pair closely with our data scientists and ML engineers, as well as application product teams throughout Workday.
We discover and evangelize where ML can be a product differentiator and enable the application teams to deliver innovative new features or radically improved functionalities.
We also specialize in informing and structuring the overall ML platform with a focus on tooling and building blocks capabilities that can be applicable across multiple ML use cases in Workday products.
While Workday affords excellent benefits, we are a "work hard and have fun" team! We are passionate about our work and pay attention to quality and craftsmanship. Our geographically diverse team is structured to enable individuals to be owners, autonomous, and leaders while being provided strategic goal directional guidance.About the Role
Workday is well on its way to $10B in Revenue! And key to that success will be reinforcing our leadership position in the Human Capital Management (HCM) market by extending our share of market and wallet. Our continued success depends on the HCM ML product team's ability to enable novel intelligent capabilities across our solution footprint, specifically around skills-based recommendations and analytics-based insights.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can envision and deliver on a growth and innovation roadmap for HCM ML back-end services and associated user-facing features and products. In practice, this means you will:
- Work backwards from feature adoption metrics to identify functional gaps, user experience friction or delight opportunities, and then coordinate effective implementation and measure outcomes. ("Growth" PM work)
- Build intuition through research about market trends and unmet customer needs in novel ways by ML technology, then conceptualize, iterate on, and validate these novel features/products with early adopter customers to find product-market fit. ("Innovation" PM work)
- Coordinate and lead development and roll-out of well identified and validated functionalities with a focus on quality of execution and time-to-market ("Feature" PM work)
You are someone who loves challenges and handles complexity with aplomb. As a lifetime learner, you see ambiguity as an opportunity to grow and excel. Thank to your strong analytical and systems thinking, you thrive equally in detailed complex work and big picture strategic work. Foundational knowledge of Machine Learning methodologies and techniques, and the various stages of ML product development lifecycle are concepts you're deeply familiar with. You also excel at working across teams and departments, and can adapt your communication to a variety of technical and business profiles.Basic Qualifications
- 5 or more years of software product management experience, preferably working cross-team on platform level feature sets, growth features, or "zero to one" innovation.
- Ability to craft a clear product thesis and then assess how to efficiently get the answers to validate it.
- Ability to identify, query, and use adoption and engagement metrics to inform an hypothesis about functional/UX improvements or enhancements to optimize a key business outcome.
- A track record of turning results-oriented long term plans into prioritized features and research bets that deliver concrete value individually. Taken together, they build toward a coherent vision.
- Foundational knowledge in Machine Learning and Data Science to collaborate with engineers and peers ML PMs and appetite to keep learning about this rapidly evolving technical domain.
- Organized and detailed operator who can lead execution and coordination on sophisticated initiatives across functions with patience and positivity.
- Experience communicating and leading a diverse group of stakeholders (i.e., Marketing, Sales, VPs, Customers, Platform team, Application Teams. etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in engineering or science.
- Experience in pre-product/market fit or growth stage startup or product line.
- Past experience in a technical role (Software Engineering, Data Science, Quality Assurance).
- Proficient with analytics query languages and data analysis tools.
- A history of participating in both generative and evaluative customer research.
- Experience in one or more areas of Human Capital Management, such as talent acquisition, employee growth, recruiting or performance management, or People Analytics.
- Have defined, designed, oversaw development, and released a new ML-powered feature or product.
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact email@example.com to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.Colorado Equal Pay Statement:
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. Minimum salary for the role is listed below. As a part of the compensation package, this role may include eligible bonuses, equity and commissions. For more information regarding Workday benefits, please click here.
Colorado minimum salary: $130,600.00
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!