Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Associate Manager, Systems Engineering
Description: Job Title: Associate Manager, Systems EngineeringJob Code: L4Job Location: Camden, NJJob Description:
L3Harris Technologies - C5S is a recognized global leader in the design, development and production of secure communication systems and products supporting mission-critical space, ground, air, and naval operations. C5S is where employees can make a significant impact on our business and the world around us while thriving in an environment that continually fosters growth and career development. We are committed to providing best-in-class solutions to our customers with the highest level of integrity, excellence, and uncompromised quality in everything we do.
The Systems Engineering Manager's primary responsibility will be to support the Cyber and C5ISR market segments. The systems engineering unit manager will provide technical direction, planning and staffing for direct reports. This position supports the Senior Manager of Systems Engineering ensuring resources for programs and proposal support are properly staffed, trained, and following the defined systems engineering process with a focus on continuous improvement. The Unit Manager will also assist in the formulation of the systems engineering approaches for tasks assigned to their direct reports by the Technical Director on a program.Essential Functions:
Additionally, the successful candidate will possess:
- Leadership of direct reports to ensure continuing adherence to systems engineering processes and approaches on a program.
- Ability to ensure staff is trained, productive and efficient in their work through technical reviews of their efforts.
- Responsible for career counseling for each individual with performance evaluations and career discussions throughout the year. Prepare and administer performance reviews for those individuals on their staff.
- Complete understanding of the systems engineering process from systems concept phase through integration and test of cyber security capabilities. Candidate must be adept at: Functional Analysis, Requirements Allocation & Traceability, Trade-off Studies, System Synthesis and System Evaluation (Integration & Verification Testing).
- An understanding of working through customer requirements to technical requirements to product solutions. An understanding of Functional and Allocated baselines in addition to Top-Level and Detailed Level Design approaches is required.
- Candidate must have interest and demonstrated ability leading and developing people and processes and a working knowledge of any standard system engineering process including MIL-STD-499, EIA-632, IEEE 1220 or IEEE/ISO/IEC 15288.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated teamwork with internal and external customers.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering, Agile Methodologies, Automation techniques, and DevSecOps concepts.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in an Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related engineering discipline, Masters is desired.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- DoD C5ISR and/or Cyber systems engineering experience.
- Minimum 6-years Systems Engineering experience with engineering leadership experience.
- Proven ability to lead other engineers required
- An active Secret Security Clearance (DOD Secret) is highly desirable, ability to acquire clearance required.
- Desired Skills: Security+ or CISSP certification. Vulnerability analysis using cyber security tools.
- RF Design and Architecture experience
- Experience with emerging 5G technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Modeling/Simulation
- Systems engineering experience in large-scale mission-critical Systems-of-Systems
- Active Top Secret//SCI Clearance
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering requirements of DoD Directive 5000.01 Defense Acquisition System is desired
- Familiarity with DoD Military Standards and Processes (i.e., MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, etc.)
- Experience in IRAD management and IRAD project execution
- EVMS Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience
- Proposal execution, cost estimating, and Technical Approach authorship