What and Who is Power?
Power is reimagining checkout, rewards, and loyalty for modern brands. Our platform helps brands easily launch an embedded payment experience, starting with a white-labeled, credit card, to drive more frequent interactions and boost customer loyalty. Power's tech stack delivers a user-friendly experience, embedded in a brand's existing experience, all while operating a fully compliant end-to-end card program.
We are a fully remote team backed by some of the top VCs and angel investors in fintech. Even though we haven't publicly announced Power to the world, we've been able to attract a world-class team hailing from industry-leading companies such as Acorns, Klarna, Visa & Plaid.What You'll do as a Manager of Finance at Power
What you'll need to succeed as a Manager of Finance at Power
- Own Power's forecast model, including building and maintaining complex financial models
- Be our SME (subject matter expert) in credit card underwriting, card portfolio trends and composition
- Support Power's key relationships in capital sourcing, including banks, investors and other counterparties
- Collaborate with senior management, key stakeholders and brands to identify and prioritize program goals
- Partner with Product, Operations, and Compliance to develop, implement, and monitor credit strategy performance
- Analyze and present credit card program metrics
- Manage money movement and invoicing with Power's brand and banking partners
- Utilize prior experience to recommend and implement processes to improve product offerings and increase monetization opportunities
- An incredible knowledge of credit card programs (co-branded preferred)
- Strong experience with financial management of credit card programs including managing credit card P&L models, loss calculations and pricing structures
- Experience creating credit card business cases for brands
- Proficiency with analytical packages such as SQL of Python
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively translate and communicate complex issues and ideas with clarity, influencing decision makers Thorough experience in financial analysis
- Obsession with problem solving and the analytical ability to support
We may be a young company but we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees. We are a 100% remote company, meaning you can work anywhere across Canada or the US (and celebrate both countries' holidays!). We pride ourselves in our collaborative culture and that is why we're investing in every step of a Power employee's journey from the very beginning. You will see this starting with our interviews through our weekly company meetings, collaboration is at the heart of working at Power.
For being such an early stage company, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage along with 401(k) matching for our US team and RRSP matching for our Canadian employees. We understand that the work-life balance can get blurred working from home so we believe in offering a flexible vacation policy, so you can take the time that you need. We also love spending time together and miss "water cooler" talk which is why we hold off-sites to give everyone the opportunity to "meet in real life". What to Expect?
The first step is applying! We want to make the application process as simple as possible which is why we only ask for your basic information, resume and LinkedIn (if applicable). On rare occasions we will ask for a portfolio so you can show off your past work!
Within 72 working hours of applying, you will receive a message from the Talent Team letting you know the status of your application. When you move forward, the first step will be a call with the Director of Talent where you will get the opportunity to share your story + ask questions about Power.
The following interviews will depend on the role but they are typically conversations with the Hiring Manager and one or two Stakeholders. This will give us the opportunity to interview you but at the same time allow you ample time to interview Power!
At Power, we understand how big of a decision it is to make a career switch and we believe that having a call with both of our Co-Founders is integral to checking off that last box.
Note that the title and compensation for every role at Power is flexible based on experience level so please do not hesitate to apply!