Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Accountant, you'll perform accounting functions for our domestic and international operations for an SEC-registered organization. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of.
Please note that this position is in scope to transition to the brokered transportation services company that will be created with the planned separation of XPO's North American Transportation business from its less-than-truckload (LTL) business. For more information, please see our public statement . Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, and disability. What you'll do on a typical day:
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Ensure the accurate and timely compilation of accounting information, analyses and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policies and procedures
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting closes for areas of functional responsibility
- Complete and/or oversee the monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts; follow up and resolve outstanding balancing issues
- Accurately and efficiently maintain balance sheet accounts; analyze, understand and interpret trends and variances, and explain fluxes
- Support preparation and distribution of monthly accounting management reports and statistical analysis based on areas within accounting including cash, accruals, accounts receivable, accounts payable, intercompany reconciliations and foreign exchange
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for specific business units for centrally managed costs such as insurance and share-based compensation
- Provide support for internal and external audits; update and maintain process documentation to ensure SOX compliance for functional area of responsibility
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of accounting or financial reporting experience
It'd be great if you also have:
Be part of something big. #LI-Hybrid
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar
- Accounting experience supporting fixed assets, payroll and accounts payable
- Big 4 auditing experience with focus on SEC-registered companies in consumer products or transportation industries
- 2 years as a senior associate/in-charge in a Big 4 firm
- 1 year of experience working in a medium to large, multinational company, preferably with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM, Hyperion Essbase or other financial reporting/consolidation software)
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Ability to produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.