Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, information systems, or related field, with five or more years’ progressively responsible experience with data warehousing, data mining, query, and data analytics tools, including management of data analytics implementation activities.
Lead the development and manage the coordination and oversight of data analytics activities within Audit Services. Design and execute data extraction and analysis services using computer-assisted audit and business intelligence tools, databases, and other relevant software.
- Under the direction of the Vice President of Audit Services, lead the strategic development and oversight of an internal audit data analytics program including the design and implementation of appropriate tools and technologies to support data analytics efforts.
- Design and execute, or supervise the implementation of, data mining, analysis, and continuous monitoring activities in support of audit engagements.
- Work effectively and efficiently with large and complex data sets and be comfortable with related concepts including data validation, relating and merging/joining data sources, field identification and safeguarding of confidential information.
- Build strong relationships with information technology teams throughout UTMB to facilitate successful data extraction, mining, and analytics activities.
- Successfully manage multiple projects with precision and attention to detail and produce timely results.
- Stay current with emerging technologies, audit practices, and professional standards.
- Experience performing data analysis, statistical and/or modeling using data analytics tools (e.g. IDEA, ACL, etc.) for internal controls, and/or external/internal audits.
- Experience in designing and developing data visualizations using visualization software and tools (Power BI, Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 including Excel, Word, and Access.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Epic, Power, data sets/structures, etc.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Working knowledge of business processes, internal controls, and an understanding of the internal audit process.
- Knowledge of continuous auditing concepts and techniques.
- Higher education, academic healthcare, or healthcare industry experience preferred.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm and as needed on occasion.