Linx is a global provider of industrial coding and product marking solutions that are used on production lines across the world. As a leading player in both the continuous inkjet and laser marking industries, we hold a large and growing worldwide market share, achieved by continuing emphasis on engineering excellence and top-tier products, outstanding marketing, customer service, and professional management. Linx is also one of the leading providers of Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) solutions in coding and marking, which includes cloud computing and analytics, that support Industry 4.0 initiatives and the future of the smart factory.
We are seeking a Technical Support Specialist based in a hybrid work environment in Wood Dale, IL alongside our Danaher Operating Company colleagues at Videojet Technologies. Ideally we would like you to be in the office 2-3 days a week.
You would report to a team in the UK and there would likely be 1-2 weeks of travel per year to meet with the rest of the LINX team!
We offer full benefits from Day 1, unlimited paid time off, 401k match, and monthly Development Days!As a Technical Support Specialist, you will:
assist Linx customers, distributors and OEMs worldwide, to answer detailed technical questions about Linx products and help develop their technical and customer service knowledge and processes. This role covers all Linx printing technologies Including Laser CIJ, TJ, TT and IJ. Most of our customer technical support questions are handled through our distributors, so this team handles "level 2" technical queries.Your other duties and responsibilities include:
- Handle and resolve technical issues raised by Linx customers and distributors (through tickets and phone calls), giving detailed and quality responses within agreed response times.
- Build successful relationships and partnerships within our distributor network.
- Lead regular conference calls to review open issues and coach distributors.
- When necessary, visit distributors and customers to provide sales and service support, assist with on-site problem resolution and ongoing technical issues, develop and implement action plans to assess and improve their technical capability.
- Establish effective links across the organization to collaborate on raised cases and report findings from field failures.
- Contribute to other projects within the business (e.g. new product development) to provide the customer and service engineer perspective.
- Ensure department targets and objectives are met with regards to customer satisfaction, case response time, case first time fix and number of closed cases.
- Develop the Technical Support Knowledge Base to help distributors in quick finding the correct solution to the problem.
- Authorize returns of faulty parts from the customers.
- Assist with the sample marking service when required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A background in engineering/electronics. This could have been gathered through education or work experience
- Skills or experience in troubleshooting
- Customer Service drive and focus with proactive approach
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Be able to communicate internally and externally through email and telephone.
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to travel (when required) and learn new technologies
- Previous work on a technical helpdesk, as a Field Service Engineer or a workshop / test environment would be an advantage
- Associate's or bachelor's degree or relevant technical training or certificate program in one of the following disciplines - engineering, mechanical or electronics desirable
- Competence in one or more languages (Spanish/French for example) is desirable
- Laser or Continuous Inkjet experience in printing and coding industry is desirable
As an Associate of Product Identification at Danaher, you'll get to work with a global collective of companies that are future focused and digitally driven. We're working together to optimize the packaging value chain, so we can help enable customer confidence and inspire consumer trust in the brands we use every day. When you join Product Identification at Danaher, you'll be part of a culture that welcomes diverse perspectives, celebrates your differences, and is committed to helping you advance your career. We believe our collective strengths empower us to transform together and redefine what's possible - for ourselves, our industry, and our world, every day.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.