WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato's mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world's leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida , with a unique international team across more than a dozen countries. Launch Potato's success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and high-performing, entrepreneurial team. YOUR ROLE
The editorial operations manager coordinates and optimizes the efforts of our Editorial team. The ideal candidate loves creating effective processes and improving existing ones, enjoys diving into spreadsheets and project management platforms, and has a passion for creating quality content. They should be a clear and direct communicator who thrives on solving hard problems.
In a typical week, they might build a knowledge management system from scratch, coordinate with the product and engineering teams to improve the CMS, and solve a cross-department workflow roadblock that was slowing things down. In this position, they'll also manage/mentor our copy editing, fact checking, and production teams and take the lead on training our new team members, both freelance and full-time in various roles.
Another key responsibility of the editorial operations manager is sharing content insights with editors and writers. They should be comfortable pulling data from reporting platforms and presenting the numbers in a way that's easy to understand and actionable. SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make the team more efficient
- Continually iterate on the best processes, tools, and frameworks to get work done
- Serve as the product owner for the CMS, working closely with the product and engineering teams to maintain and improve the CMS
- Manage cross-department workflows with an eye for improving communication and increasing efficiency
- Ensure editorial documentation is up to date, easy to find, and a joy to use
- Collaborate with our Business Intelligence team to provide reporting and enable Editorial to make data-driven decisions
- Develop onboarding strategies and training programs for our freelance and full-time team members
- Assist with the recruiting and hiring of freelance writers and editors
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience hiring and managing an editorial team
- Experience using Google Analytics or similar tools to report on content performance
- An ability to create useful spreadsheets and translate data for lay people
- Experience using a project management platform to develop workflows
- Experience with a knowledge management platform
- Be detail-oriented with strong project management skills
- Personal finance knowledge or content experience is a plus
From Day One, we've been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!