Sr. Cost Accountant
Daikin North America is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Cost Accountant position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Cost Accountant Supports the Corporate Controller with internal cost reporting for the management of every business. The Cost Accountants purpose is to classify, record, and appropriate allocation of expenditure for the determination of the costs of products or services, the relation of these costs to sales values, and the ascertainment of profitability. Covers matters relating to ascertainment, recording and control of costs by proper analysis and classification in order to find out cost per unit. Acts as a business partner to the Plant Controller and will provide focused support to the Plant Operating Team and plant personnel. Compares factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services. The Cost Accountant will rotate through several positions designed to provide the knowledge and background required to accept Controller and Management opportunities.
If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Responsible for working with plant personnel in preparing the annual budget, along with weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Financial Statement Analysis: Analyzing (vs. fcst, plan, & PY), distributing, and presenting financials to Plant operating Team. This includes training personnel on interpreting financials and most importantly identifying root causes of any problematic areas, guiding implementation of corrective action, and monitoring results.
- Develop metrics to aid in improving efficiency & effectiveness: Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor along with analyzing changes made to determine effects on cost. Provide insight for specific improvements in plant material, labor, overhead, scrap, floor planning, inventory levels, staffing, etc. to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the plant.
- Inventory Accuracy: Reconcile and maintain accurate inventory records within the scope of the Plant Operations.
- Fixed Asset Accounting:
- Assist project leaders with preparing capital request including cost justification.
- Monitor and report on project status and spending versus plan.
- Ensure fixed asset records are maintained and accurate.
- Policy Procedures and General Operational Review:
- Ensure adequate controls and procedures.
- Assist Operations in performing audits and maintaining controls.
- Monitor compliance and provide corrective support as it relates to internal audit deficiencies.
- Assist operations in maintaining compliance with SOX requirements, including performing audits & maintaining controls.
- Perform special projects and Ad Hoc Analysis & Reporting such as;
- Assists in the estimates of new and proposed product and project costs.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 5+ years - Plant or Operations experience preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles GAAP) with strong cost systems background
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Basic understanding of outside department functions (engineering, customer support, IT, procurement, marketing, sales, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, high level of attention to detail and accuracy, and problem solving skills
- MS Office Outlook, Word, and Advanced Excel skills, Access is a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including listening & questioning with strong business acumen
- Exceptional planning, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to carry out specific projects to meet goals and deadlines, results oriented and customer focused
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of management and establish positive working relationships
- Ability to apply good judgement, strong work ethics and integrity on the job
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.