The Financial Analyst is responsible for understanding and communicating key financial metrics of Safe Haven and assisting in the creation and implementation of process improvements across internal teams. This position has two main responsibilities; providing financial support to management to assist in decision making and performance tracking, as well as the utilization of Power BI and other tools to create efficient processes across internal teams. Duties include analyzing and understanding financial impacts through detailed financial analysis and modeling. This position also has trending, budgeting and management reporting responsibilities for key operational areas of the company.Responsibilities
Essential duties: All duties below include, but are not limited to:
- Produce accurate and insightful financial analysis, by understanding key aspects of the business and the key drivers of profitability for area of focus.
- Partner with management to create a world class budgeting and forecasting process that will assist leadership going forward.
- Partner with internal customers to revamp existing processes to be more efficient and scalable as business needs change.
- Partner with internal customers to drive profitability and identify financial issues.
- Effectively communicate within and across departmental lines to provide forum for insightful data and communication exchanges.
- Formulate, monitor and present accurate financial analysis encompassing defined operational and financial metrics. Dig into financials to spot areas of improvement and drive value for the business.
- Utilizing Power BI, revamp existing processes across internal teams that will ensure accuracy, efficiency, consistency, and can evolve as business needs change.
- Partner with management on the creation of world class FP&A processes. Monitor these processes and present insights and findings to leadership.
- Prepare or provide support to management on special projects and ad hoc analysis.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft suite, primarily Power BI and Excel.
- At least 2 years of corporate experience required in the areas of budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis. Strong accounting knowledge and experience.
- Prior experience with Power BI or other data visualization software and an understanding of data warehouses.
- Ability to independently extract key financial information from systems and efficiently prepare insightful financial reports and analysis.
- Proven independent decision-making ability. Proactively presents solution to problems and opportunities.
- Advanced desktop application experience: Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Word, and Access (a plus).
- Positive approach and openness as process or business changes occur. Requires prioritization and excellent time management skills as well as ability to multitask.
- Strong written and verbal communication with peers & partners throughout organization. Conveys confidence in all methods of communication and thorough understanding of work and issues.
- BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems required or equivalent education and experience.