At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. Youll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republics employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Banks information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most providing extraordinary service.
What you'll do as a Data Engineering Lead:
- Provide leadership and management to a team of data support engineers. Youll split your time between unblocking your team, reviewing their solutions, and coaching them to realize their full potential, while also building things yourself.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including system reliability and delivery management.
- Define and manage SLAs for all data sets and processes running in production.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Product , Data Migration , architecture , infrastructure , operations and business teams to understand data and project needs and deliver on those needs.
- Provide support to data lake and datamarts with development, maintenance, and production support activities
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements like automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Participate in pager duty escalation rotations during nights, weekends and holidays
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 6+ years of experience scaling and leading 5+ person teams.
- 10+ years of collective experience in software engineering, data analysis, data warehousing or data transformation, in a medium to large sized organization
- Experience initiating and driving projects using agile methodologies
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets in datalake environments.
- Experience in ETL, ELT data pipeline tools like AWS Glue, EMR, Airflow, Fivetran
- Experience working with Amazon Redshift or Snowflake, mongo DB etc
- Experience building and administering large-scale distributed applications using a cloud platform
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, C#.
- Understanding of data streaming using Kafaka or similar , data virtualization using Denodo or similar tools a plus
- Experience working in data management space in highly regulated environments is also a big plus
- Patience with how the environment is, with an eye towards refactoring the environment into what it should be
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Bias towards action, an ability to work autonomously while navigating uncertainty with good humor
- Empathy for our clients and stakeholders on both the technology and business side
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. Youll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stabilitythats the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.