MSI ORLANDO - ORLANDO, FLPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
4 Year DegreeSalary Range
$77,000.00 - $84,000.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage
Up to 50% Job Shift
The HR Manager will work closely with the Regional HR Director to manage, coordinate, and streamline Human Resources processes in order to ensure the success of the business and increase employee engagement. The HR Manager is responsible for being the primary HR point of contact and business partner for the employees and managers within his or her region. This role is also responsible for a broad range of HR functions for the region, including employee relations, performance management, retention strategies, and employee engagement.
As the company is growing and building best-in-class employment practices, the HR Manager will have the opportunity to develop new standards, create efficient processes and find ways to add additional value to the company through effective use of resources.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for pre-employment and onboarding processes in assigned territory, ensuring employment documentation is kept in compliance with the law, and internal procedures/policies.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to guidelines and regulations, and local as well as federal guidelines within the assigned territory; and advising management on needed actions.
- Consults with management on human resource-related issues; provides guidance and recommendations on issues such as staffing and recruitment, employment law, salary administration and current company policy, LOA, Worker Compensation and Safety; engages Corporate Human Resources when appropriate.
- Evaluates and anticipates HR-related needs and communicates needs with the broader HR Department and business management.
- Develops partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to the company and employees that reflect the company's values.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues, addresses grievances, and conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations; serves as a liaison between the Regional HR Director, branch management, and employees by handling questions and attempting to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Responds to inquiries for unemployment claims information and State and Federal reporting requests. May represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Provides feedback on HR decisions, procedures and programs, acts as a liaison for feedback and communication between Regional HR Director and local management teams.
- Identifies issues and makes recommendations to improve the effectiveness of human resources functions in order to positively impact the company vision, goals and the overall business strategy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of negotiation techniques.
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and compensation administration.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Four years of professional human resource management, including two years in employee relations preferred OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- This position does require travel to locations within a designated area/region
*Not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion.
*Employment is on an at-will basis.
Millwork Sales INC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy of Millwork Sales INC not to discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, military status, genetic information, or other protected class status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.