Internal Title: Logistics Support Coordinator - this is an hourly position/overtime eligible
Schedule: Typical schedule M-F 8-5pm, however, must have flexibility to work evenings/weekends during month-close periods
Location: 1100 Thorndale Avenue, Elk Grove Village IL 60007
Although this position has a high focus on billing and supporting the month close operations of our logistics facilities, it also includes providing support in other areas of the business including safety, client onboarding and offboarding, SOP implementation, and other centralized areas as needed.
What will I be responsible for?
- Supporting the implementation of new logistics initiatives with local branches such as suggestion box projects, standardizing processes, and other programs.
- Becoming a superuser and training local teams on SmartHub Connect
- Supporting the implementation of safety measures, SOPs, and best practices within each branch and assisting with training development on safety in the workplace.
- Helping develop templates for client facing documents such as quarterly business reviews, SOPs, etc.
- Assisting with logistics client onboarding and offboarding across the US operations following a pre-developed client onboarding and offboarding guide
- Supporting the implementation of logistics controls and guidelines for the centralized logistics support team, and following these guidelines, for new vendor requests, new courier service accounts, credit approval requests, and other processes, with direction for corporate logistics management team.
- Monitoring and maintaining the development of dashboards for the logistics operations teams to measure productivity and other metrics within the branches.
- Generating, compiling, and uploading daily labor reports to Power BI Dashboard for logistics management team review
- Completing logistics billing and accounting for logistics operation. This includes posting invoices for courier UPS, Fedex, staffing agencies; saving customer backups; reviewing back up accuracy; matching data with what was posted in the system.
- Providing support to the logistics operations during the month-end close process, such as closing the files for the month, tracking all Revenue and GP per customer, sending customer invoices with backups, opening new files, updating new file tracker, making sure we have all the warehouse charges, reports storage count, VAS charges for month end, and other processes.
- Conducting various data review and analysis for labor planning, pricing, project work as needed
- Performing additional duties as assigned
What do you need from me?
- 2+ years of experience in a 3PL logistics role/environment
- Experience with billing
- Experience in positions with high level of administration, organization, and document management
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong working knowledge of MS Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to find innovative ways to solve problem
What makes me stand out?
- Experience in CargoWise
- Bachelors Degree in business, supply chain, logistics, or similar
- Fast paced, team-oriented work environment
- This role requires individuals to talk, hear, use hands, stand, walk, sit, and see.
What can I expect?
- A collaborative culture of logistics enthusiasts
- Work is generally performed in an office environment where lighting and temperature are adequate.
- This job requires adaptability as it is subject to high levels of stress and visibility within the company.
- Some travel may be required for this role
Except where prohibited by law, all applicants will be required to show proof of being fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment with Tigers. Reasonable accommodations based on disabilities (medical) or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law. The Company will engage in the interactive process for each applicant requesting such an accommodation on an individualized basis.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role. Tigers (USA) Global Logistics, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.