At TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track, we are driven by our patients, our people, and the potential for what's possible. Our team embraces being the leading force for serving with heart in the world of urgent care. TGH Urgent Care powered by Fast Track is a place to work that truly impacts people's lives. As the first certified urgent care center by the Urgent Care Association of America in the Tampa Bay area, we support our people by offering benefits including medical, dental, vision, short term disability and life insurance, supplemental benefits, 401(k), paid time off and USF Federal Credit Union.
Job Summary: The Operations Manager is responsible for cultivating an environment that achieves the organization's mission through quality in care, efficiency, and a focus on core values. Primary focus will include promoting excellence in clinics and in ancillary business departments while developing a regional supervisory team that effectively leads people and clinic resources to ensure superior results. The Operations Manager will work in close partnership with clinical leadership and operations leadership as well as collaborate extensively with all support teams as well as the executive leadership team. This role reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Implement the strategic and operational goals of the organization amongst all clinics and the ancillary business departments through leadership of the front and mid-office teams, support teams and supervisory teams
- Learn, audit and when necessary, improve, create and document business processes amongst clinic operations and ancillary business teams to ensure efficiency of clinic operations and resource allocation to result in quality patient care and profitability
- Partner with executive, clinical and operational leadership and support teams to accomplish growth goals through the execution of successful new clinic openings
- Works with executive leadership and management to set KPI's for supervisory teams and clinics; leads achievement
- Manage the Regional Office Supervisory and ancillary business department teams through recruitment, coaching, performance reviews and mentorship and provide disciplinary and separation actions when needed; create regular cadence of check-ins for supervisors/teams/leadership where individual performance, new initiatives and challenges are discussed to formulate business plans
- Support supervisory teams in recruitment, coaching, disciplinary and separation decisions, and actions for front/mid-office teams and support teams
- Participate in trainings, including front and mid-office, to best understand roles, responsibilities and assist with process improvements
- Communicate regularly with clinical leadership and be conduit between clinic operations and clinical leadership initiatives, challenges, process improvements, etc.
- Leads front, mid-office, support teams and Regional Office Supervisors through regulatory and accreditation requirements, audits, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient with common PC applications including internet, email and Microsoft Office products
- Moderate to advanced experience in Excel
- Ability to supervise, train and evaluate new and current staff
- Ability to communicate well with staff, providers, leadership and public
- Great organization skills and ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrates trust with confidential information
- Professional appearance with business appropriate attire required
- Ability to keep financial records and perform mathematical tasks
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Upholds and understands ethics of confidentiality and HIPAA compliance
- This position will have supervisory responsibility
- This position is anticipated to lead and have oversight of multiple departments, may include but not limited to: clinic operations including front and mid-office, Customer Service Representatives, Pre-Operative Testing, Billing, Referrals, Client Services (which encompasses workers' compensation/occupational medicine)
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business, nursing or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience; advanced degree preferred
- Current licensed RN for State of Florida strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in health care administration with direct supervisory experience; previous senior leadership experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in urgent care operations preferred, and/or experience of other ambulatory care facilities, hospital-based services or community health care center operations
- This job operates in a professional medical environment
- Typically, Monday-Friday, up to 40 hours per week; may occasionally require work on Sat-Sunday for special events
- May require over 40 hours per business needs
- Continuous travel required within all surrounding counties and to each clinic in which business is conducted
- Overnight travel occasionally required