FedEx LogisticsJob Title:
Agility Product Manager - Air & OceanJob Requisition Number:
Full TimeJob Type:
RegularPrimary Job Posting Location:
United StatesAdditional Locations:
170 Cooper Avenue
Tonawanda, New York 14150
15022 132nd Avenue
New York, New York 11434
701 Waterford Way
Miami, Florida 33126
1101 Busse Road
Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007
17210 S Main St
Gardena, California 90248
United StatesPosting Date:
2022-06-15Job Posting End Date:
2022-06-22Colorado Residents Only Compensation:
Monthly Salary $6102 - $13895
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your work location, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
The Product Manager leads an Agile program in delivering the right business solutions, at the right time, to the right customers and stakeholders. Builds relationships and influences leadership, customers, Architects and other stakeholders to convert solutions into realizable business value. They are responsible for identifying customer needs, continuously defining and refining value stream and program epics into features, prioritizing and sequencing them on the program roadmap, and working with Product Owners to translate features into user stories that will satisfy the program and product solution vision. This will include defining feature acceptance criteria and the definition of completion/release to customer. This position will achieve results through strong influence in building relationships, gaining support and providing direction to Product Owners on an Agile Release Train.
- Understands and supports prioritized Portfolio and Value Stream work by collaborating with IT Solution Architect, Business Architect, and Epic Owner to breakdown epics/capabilities into program features. Converts solution for one or more epics into features which are defined and refined within the program backlog and prioritized and sequenced on the program roadmap.
- Manages the delivery of business value through prioritized features and enablers working through the program Kanban and the program backlog to ensure there are adequate ready features in the backlog at all times.
- Leads and collaborates with Product Owners on understanding of features to translate into stories for the appropriate team backlog(s) within the Agile Release Train.
- Leads feature definition and refinement including establishing feature acceptance criteria.
- Understands the specific customer and stakeholders needs, collaborates with business and technical architects and value stream leadership to define solutions with portfolio strategy in mind.
- Works with system and solutions technology members to influence decision-making and sequencing of key technological initiatives that will lead to product delivery.
- Contributes to and helps lead program planning by defining and presenting the business intent, planned features, and highlighting any known dependencies and milestones throughout the next program increment.
- Leads the program increment demo to evaluate business value delivered against the business intent and inspect and adapt the product or solution for the next program increment.
- Collaborates with Product Managers supporting other programs and value streams to determine cross-program impacts, interdependency of work and priorities, and a plan for communication, coordination and delivery of a larger solution.
- Provides input and feedback to Epic Owners on new and existing epics, with customer needs in mind.
- Communicates with stakeholders on progress of solutions.
- Maintains epics and features in required agile planning tooling solution(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or math required. In addition to minimum experience, an additional four (4) years of relevant, demonstrated experience working as a project lead responsible for breaking down complex projects into solutionable deliverables across organization-wide projects or system design (waterfall, Agile, etc.) will be considered in lieu of a degree. Seven (7) years years demonstrated technical experience as a system user subject matter expert, including three (3) years as a project lead responsible for breaking down complex projects into solutionable deliverables, across organization-wide projects or system design (waterfall, Agile, etc.) required. A minimum of three (3) increments (30 weeks) working as a Product Manager in an Agile environment required. Experience working in an Agile environment and applying SAFe preferred. Knowledge of Agile and Lean values/concepts and scaling with SAFe framework required. Demonstrated solutions based thinking with the ability to break down complex concepts into understandable, smaller and sequential deliverables. Strong influencing skills to guide leadership, Business Architects, Product Owners, Agile Release Trains, and all stakeholders to understand vision, resources, priorities and definition of completion/release. Strong ability to tailor communications of complex concepts to all levels in an understandable manner. Technical knowledge as a system user subject matter expert preferred to understand IT system and priorities as it relates to features and iteration requirements. Business acumen and ability to understand the larger company strategy. Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office and web-based applications. (Note: If years of experience is used to offset the Bachelors degree, a combined total off 11 years of relevant/demonstrated experience is required for the position)
Additional skills required for this role:
- Managing Demand Intake into the Air and Ocean release train (Air & Ocean). This may be AOC dedicated work as it relates to core systems and services or where AOC may play a role in the wider project
- Assessing Air & Ocean Demand including making determinations on the Prioritization of work into the train.
- Coordinating the breakdown of the demand into Features inside Version 1 then working with Scrum teams to further break down into user stories.
- Leading Local Demand Review sessions and prioritizing/managing the PI backlog
- Attending PI Sessions to represent the Business interests Escalating requests where necessary to PEL (Portfolio Executive Leadership)
- Acting as bridge between business and IT for any feature grooming for internal/external requests
- Management Status reporting on Air & Ocean Backlog
- This position will be US based and remote.
- Position will pay between $73,200k & $166,740K, depending upon experience, location marketand company guidelines.
5 years + of Freight Forwarding preferred
CargoWise 1 knowledge preferred.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision care coverage, retirement savings, vacation pay, holiday pay, sick time, and life insurance to eligible employees.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.