About Your Workday
About Your Schedule
- Daily Operations: The primary role of a manager is to ensure the daily functioning of Team.
- Staffing: Assists Venues Manager interviewing, hiring, and training new employees
- Set Goals: Manager communicates to Team short and long-term goals set by Venues Manager and Manager
- Liaising: Manager oversees Kitchen Manager, Supervisors and Team Members, managers effectively communicates and updates Venues Managers daily
- Administration: Manager completes audits, daily reporting, and associated forms
- Delegation: Effective managers have confidence in their employees and delegate tasks according to the business needs
- Motivate: As a leader, a manager motivates staff and creates an environment where employees thrive and develop
- Enforcing Policy: Managers enforce company policy to cultivate an environment that makes employees hold one another accountable for their actions.
- Training: If new technologies or systems are introduced to business, Kitchen Manager assist to train employees. Managers, Supervisors and Team Members are required to attend orientation and all subsequent training
- Evaluation: To encourage satisfactory work, managers evaluate employee behavior and performance to determine necessary training, redirection/coaching and development
Chautauqua Institution and Chautauqua Hotel Company offer flexible schedules, full and part-time, for seasonal employment during summer operations starting annually each June and concluding in August. Seasonal employment may be available earlier (pre-season) and beyond season (post-season) based on business needs and candidate availability. Schedules typically include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as a requirement.
While you will confirm your final schedule with management at the time of an interview and offer of employment, you should generally anticipate the following schedule options for this position:
Typically work an eight-hour shift with a start time that varies between 5am to 5pm.About Your Compensation
Compensation for this position starts at $17.00/Hour and, with demonstrated experience and qualifications, candidates may earn up to $22.00/Hour.About the $250 Referral Bonus Program
Chautauqua Institution’s Referral Bonus Program is a talent solution to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse workforce that encompasses all the skills and experience necessary to deliver on our goals and objectives. Chautauqua Institution will provide a $250 referral bonus
(less taxes) for active employees referring a new candidate who is hired and remains employed for at least 90-days from the first physical date of work. In the case of seasonal positions working less than 6-months the new candidate must remain actively employed for at least 30-days from the first physical date of work and until the closing date of the season. The closing date of the season is the last Sunday in August.About Living on the Grounds
Chautauqua Institution may provide limited housing options on our grounds or assist you with locating nearby housing arrangements for select opportunities based on business needs. Housing is not an option for many positions and may be of a cost to you. If the section below is incomplete, candidates should assume that this is no housing associated with this position.
Housing may be available on a limited basis.About Chautauqua Institution Chautauqua Institution
is a not-for-profit global convener of dialogue on the most significant issues of the day through engagement across four pillars of the arts, education, religion, and recreation. The Chautauqua community is located on the shores of Chautauqua Lake in southwestern New York State and comes alive each summer with a unique mix of visual and performing arts, lectures, interfaith worship/programs, and recreational activities. Chautauqua Institution owns and operates Chautauqua Hotel Company
, a comprehensive hotel, food & beverage, conferencing, and events organization. The Institution’s office in Washington, DC is located strategically for an ongoing role in the cultural conversations of the nation.Discovering Your Chautauqua Experience
There are countless ways that our talent will engage with our mission, vision, and diverse communities, and you are invited to immerse yourself in our programming as a gateway to this experience. Employees will receive a traditional Chautauqua gate pass, free of cost, which provides access to many of our programs at the Amphitheater. In addition to a traditional gate pass, employees and their families will receive full access to our current and historical programs online at CHQ Assembly.Commitment to Values of IDEA
Chautauqua Institution values Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) as a priority in our strategic plan, 150 Forward. One of our five core values is “The dignity and contributions of all people.” We are committed to creating conditions in which everyone feels that they can engage as full and valued participants in the Chautauqua experience. The Institution is an equal opportunity employer committed to equitable and inclusive hiring practices and applicants will not be discriminated against based on any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We especially welcome applications from those who can demonstrate past experience, engagement, and professional expertise in IDEA.Vaccination for COVID-19
Chautauqua Institution has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy
to safeguard the health of our employees, patrons, and our shared community from COVID-19. By applying for employment, candidates acknowledge that they will comply with Chautauqua Institution’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to provide proof of full vaccination immediately upon hire or be approved for a medical or religious accommodation and before physically starting work.Joining Our Talent Community
Join our talent community online at CHQ.org/employment. You are encouraged to learn more about Chautauqua Institution at CHQ.org and view the 150 Forward Strategic Plan at 150fwd.CHQ.org.