Loxo@Lilly conducts discovery research, clinical development and regulatory affairs for oncology, with the goal of creating a pipeline of therapies that have the potential to make a meaningful difference for patients. Loxo@Lilly was created in December 2019, combining the Lilly Research Laboratories oncology organization and Loxo Oncology, which was acquired by Lilly in early 2019. The unit has team members in Louisville, CO, Indianapolis, IN, New York City, NY, South San Francisco, CA, San Diego, CA, Stamford, CT, and Madrid, Spain.
The Project Manager will establish and implement project-specific strategic goals from early-stage discovery, lead identification, lead optimization through candidate seeking and advancement as a part of the Loxo Small Molecule Discovery portfolio, in a cross-functional, dynamic environment.
The role will work closely with team leaders and Loxo Small Molecule Discovery leadership to create and implement project's strategic plans. The Project Manager is expected to support 2-4 projects depending upon the project's requirements. Roles and Responsibilities for the Position:
Required Qualifications and Preferred Background:
- Establish strategic project goals and translate goals into project plan(s) with clear deliverables, milestones, and go/ no-go decisions.
- Establish project strategic objectives by collaborating with Loxo Small Molecule- Discovery leadership team.
- Engage with functional team leads of medicinal chemistry, biology, DMPK, CMC, and toxicology (and other key stakeholders) to plan, execute, and track project activities, ensuring alignment of project deliverables with strategic goals.
- Actively manage assays and studies conducted at external collaborators and vendors to meet outsourcing needs as needed.
- Actively facilitate project meetings: create agendas, minutes, and track action items.
- Create and maintain organizational documents and tools, e.g., screening cascades, data summaries, project timelines, Spotfire dashboards, compound demand-supply forecasts, and various other trackers to ensure clear, effective, transparent, and efficient implementation of projects.
- Create project updates, reports, presentations, and memos and maintain project document repository in collaboration with team members.
- Proficient in adaptive communications; effectively manage communications vertically and horizontally in a cross-functional environment.
- Proactively contribute to and manage project communications. Identify gaps and ambiguities in communication channels and address them to maintain alignment across the team.
- Drive day-to-day operational activities by coordinating with stakeholders from different functional departments - legal, business operations, procurement, finance, and other relevant functional areas as needed.
- Proactively identify gaps in processes and actively create processes to meet project needs.
- Adaptive to change in priorities and able to drive project outcomes ensuring re-alignment with project deliverables in changing landscape.
- Contribute to building positive, collaborative teams across scientific disciplines, and encourage sharing of new ideas and creative ways to solve problems often needed in drug discovery research.
- BS, MS, or PhD in chemistry, biology, or related sciences.
- Small molecule drug discovery experience: BS with 7 years, MS with 4 years, or PhD with 2 years. Part of the experience could come from project management/ alliance management responsibilities in pharmaceutical research & development.
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, efficient, with strong attention to detail
- Additional Preferences:
- PMP certification is preferred, but not required
- Proficient in identifying and applying tools to effectively manage and track projects - MS Office suite, MS Project
- Experience with data visualization software, such as Spotfire
- Create and implement new tools and processes customized for furthering discovery research
Loxo Oncology, Inc. (Loxo) currently anticipates that the base salary for the Manager level position could range from between $103,200 to $151,423 but will depend, in part, on the successful candidate's qualifications for the role, including education and experience. This position will also be eligible for a company bonus (depending, in part, on company and individual performance). In addition, Loxo provides a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees, including vacation, medical, dental and vision benefits; participation in a 401(k) plan; life and accidental death and disability coverage; parental leave benefits and employee discounts for certain items. The compensation described above is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the role and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loxo Oncology, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Loxo Oncology, Inc. ("Loxo") is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Loxo, please email email@example.com for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.