At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Identity and Access Management Engineering team is hiring talented contributors for innovative projects that will help power and secure our businesses and guest experiences. Leverage your software development knowledge, industry experience, and your passion for new technologies and platforms. You will be part of a diverse cross-functional team with ownership at the core of its DNA.
The Senior Software Engineer will implement applications and services for Identity and Access Management Engineering, and is an expert in the tools, processes, and technologies (both proprietary and third party) used by the IAM team. They take an active role in liaising with other Project Constituents and contributors, both internal and external, to set and maintain standards and best practices through mentorship, evangelism of standards and best practices, and review and approval of code. The Senior Software Engineer is also responsible for the architecture of software internals, efficient and expeditious debugging, and the contribution of code that meets the standards and expectations of the role: being performant, secure, accessible, well documented, testable, and sustainable.Req ID:
Full TimeCountry / Region:
The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)Additional Information:
- 5+ years full stack development
- 5+ years formal team-oriented development experience (Agile preferred)
- Expert in full stack software development (both frontend and backend technologies), software architecture, virtualization / containerization, web services, automation, relational and non-relational database design, systems architecture, system engineering, encryption and security, and many other critical areas.
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in Agile software development
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Self-managing; self starter with a high level of initiative; strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Expertise with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience developing high-availability, highly-scalable applications and services.
The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)Required Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with SDLC tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Github/Gitlab, Confluence, etc
- 2+ years experience working with Identity and Access Management systems
- Disney work experience (including experience with Disney IAM services such as MyID, AuthZ, Keystone, etc)
- Familiarity with sensitive data handling such as COPPA, PCI and PII, Safe Harbor
- Works closely with scrum master, architect, developers, quality and reliability engineers and other Project Constituents to architect, implement, and deliver software solutions according to requirements/specifications.
- Works with Senior Manager, Engineering and Director, Engineering to follow and influence best practices for Software Development within the Identity and Access Management Engineering team.
- Interfaces with other service delivery groups within Enterprise Technology and across the company.
- Performs peer and vendor code reviews for compliance, security, performance, and best practices.
- Hands-on, full-stack software development using professional, enterprise class software development tools.
- Responsible for developing, enacting, and enforcing documentation, coding, process, and performance standards.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to other team members on subjects like: tools, pipelines, best practices, proprietary Disney services, and development standards.