Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
If you like to figure out how complex systems work, and what can be done to make them run more smoothly, this may be the job for you!
In MITRE's Performance Optimization group, we help MITRE's customers fix and prevent performance problems with their IT systems and processes. We consider everything from what users do down to how networking and computing resources are used. People in our group can help not one, but all of MITRE's customers.
As projects need help with performance optimization, they come to us so that we can apply our technical expertise to the project's specific needs. This gives us the ability to work in a wide variety of domains solving many different issues; the work is always changing and interesting.
As our new Performance Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing the needs of the customer, including what questions they need to answer and what decisions they must make
- Planning an approach to the technical analysis that will answer their questions or inform their decisions
- Using modeling tools to design communication networks, devices, protocols and applications.
- Developing prototypes to simulate networks and technologies then analyze and compare impacts of different technology designs on end-to-end behavior.
- Providing actionable results and recommendations
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Must be a US citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a US DoD clearance
- The ability to apply modeling and simulation, load testing, process modeling, and/or other performance engineering skills
- Proficiency using performance engineering tools such as Riverbed Modeler, ExtendSim, iGrafx, or other similar tools
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills for interacting with customers, MITRE staff and other stakeholders
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field
- Preference given to qualified candidates holding an active clearance.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in performance engineering
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
Subject to all federal and state laws, rules and regulations, MITRE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. MITRE will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are legally entitled to an exemption under applicable laws so long as it does not create an undue hardship for MITRE and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster , EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency .
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at email@example.com.
Copyright © 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
nBenefits information may be found here