Priority Designs (www.prioritydesigns.com) has a diverse and dynamic history in the product development consultancy space. As we continue to grow our UX (User Experience) & Software teams, we are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who is passionate about creating user-centered solutions. With the opportunity to work in different industries such as consumer, healthcare, and connected devices, your day-to-day is sure to have variety.
We are looking for someone who has a passion to think creatively, solve complex problems, and doesn't want to put it down before it's solved. We are always looking for the right fit. For our mechanical engineers we say we are looking for someone with the [Dilbert "knack"]. We think this is true for all our engineers.
What does this look like for you? As a full stack software engineer, you have experience ranging from standing up a server with a database to coding components for the user interface. Just because you have experience on the full stack, at Priority Designs, that doesn't mean you are a one person show. You will work with a team and use your skills that best attribute to your interests and the project's needs.
- Design and develop solutions for products in various industries with a focus on web applications and physical products with rich digital interfaces
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams to provide insights during ideation and development
- Develop code that is clean, maintainable, and testable
- Utilize tools that improve quality of life of the developer, such as automated unit testing and CI/CD
- Create prototypes that answer questions
- Collaborate with clients to translate requirements into software solutions
- Create solutions throughout the product development cycle
- Communicate and present information to internal and external clients
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent / related
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience developing production applications for either web, desktop, or embedded devices
- Strong Experience in the following
- Node.js or other server-side languages
- Modern front-end frameworks (React, Vue, etc)
- Git or other version control
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work on-site as needed by workload, team, and/or company needs (100% remote not an option at this time)
Additional consideration given to applicants with:
- Experience with automated unit testing and techniques like TDD or BDD
- Enjoy learning new programming languages, protocols, and environments
- Exposure to UX / UI design processes using tools like Figma or Adobe XD
- Working knowledge of electronics and circuits
- Other languages and frameworks such as C++, Qt Framework, Qt QML, Docker, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Priority Designs is an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program) organization.
- Be a part of quoting projects and deciding which clients we, as a team, can create quality solutions while working on fulfilling projects
- With varying clients and industries, you'll have the opportunity to choose solutions and technologies that fits the project's needs, whether that is staying with a proven solution or experimenting with a new emerging technology
- Clients can range from Fortune 500 companies to qualified entrepreneurs.
- Thrive professionally by being surrounded by like-minded yet diverse colleagues. We have a flat organization structure of 70+ people, composed of Designers, Engineers, Researchers, and Prototyping Specialists all with a common love of problem solving.
- Located in Columbus, Ohio with traditional Midwest charm, we offer 50,000sq/ft of studio/shop/office space under one roof to apply your craft. Our in-house prototyping shop and engineering labs showcase our passion for a hands-on development process to make great products (a true maker's paradise).
- Office dog affection and Nerf dart wars should be expected.
If this sounds like a job you can do or if you know someone who would flourish in the environment, please contact us through our web form and provide a resume & cover letter for review. To be sure that you hear back from us, please add email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list so you don't miss a message from us.
Priority Designs is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Priority Designs understands the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and has taken many precautions to slow the spread of the virus. Facemasks and social distancing requirements are enforced.