D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc.is currently looking for an *Multifamily-Sr. Project Manager*. The right candidate will supervise assigned Project Managers and field personnel on all assigned projects. Review schedules, safety, and quality on all assigned projects. Implement all D.R. Horton policies and procedures throughout the entire construction process, provide reports and feedback to Region Construction Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and direct construction activities of the Project Managers, Superintendents, Project Coordinators, and other staff as assigned
- Manage set-up of temporary project facilities and utilities
- Manage/review all project specific correspondence and documentation; including submittals, change requests and daily field reports
- Manage project budget, review field purchase orders, and provide reporting
- Ensure work that is invoiced is fully acceptable to D.R. Horton specifications and is 100% complete
- Ensure that all buildings in the construction area meet all safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations
- Ensure that all buildings in the construction area are constructed to contract, specification and permitted drawings
- Manage project turn-over to Property Management, including completion of punch-list items and ensure all walk-through forms are signed and completed for owner orientations/occupancy
- Total involvement with training, communication and development of Project Managers, Superintendents, and field personnel
- Handle escalated problems with subcontractors
- Walk sites to determine construction status and ensure compliance with Environmental requirements, Safety requirements and Quality control
- Respond to property management and development on unsatisfactory punch list items during turnover
- Manage project close-out and final documentation
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the companySupervisory Responsibilities
Directly manages two or more employees in the Construction Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Five to seven years related experience and/or training
- Must have a vehicle and a valid drivers license
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Organization: *Home Builder
Title: Multifamily-Sr Project Manager - Houston
Requisition ID: 2204346