Title - F&B Manager
Reports to - Director, F&B
The F&B Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily F&B operations. He/She will work to maintain and improve operational standards both in the front of the house and back of the house to ensure that all guests receive, the highest level of exceptional and genuine service at all times, reflective of international luxury service standards.
- Oversees daily operations on property, including F&B direct service.
- Ensure F&B outlets (including comfort stations) are maintained, operated, and monitored throughout the day.
- Coordinates and executes F&B activities with Golf Operations, Sales and Marketing team, and Catering & Events Manager.
- Partners with the Executive Chef and Culinary team on a daily basis.
- Work with the F&B management team to effectively monitor the operation through observation and teamwork, and ensuring presence is always on the floor.
- Ensures guest histories are maintained and updated on a daily basis.
- To ensure that the Food & Beverage standards are adhered to at all times throughout the operation service areas.
- Practices and trains up selling to maximize average spend per cover.
- Coordinates with F&B management to train all F&B staff in yield management skills.
- Conducts daily briefings to communicate necessary information and to provide objective and constructive feedback to employees.
- Take time to listen to employee concerns and deals with any challenges in a timely manner. Report any immediate concerns to immediately to appropriate management leaders.
- Controls pilferage and breakage to cut down operational cost
- Ensures cost effectiveness of resources (material & staff) under his/her control to achieve optimum profitability to comply with and enforce Discovery Land's rules and policies
- Any and all other duties deemed necessary by a member of management
- Coordinate with F&B Management to ensures all department staff are fully trained through continuous on-going on-the-job training and establish procedures and training to ensure fast, courteous, and efficient service, and adherence to safety and service guidelines
- Ensures attendance on behavioral and vocational training programs, and personally conducts key training for employees in the outlet
- Develops team's focus and attention on F&B Service Standards
Skills and Qualifications
- No specific degree required - though a bachelor's may be desirable
- 2 years experience in the hospitality industry and/or Food & Beverage experience strongly preferred in a supervisor or management capacity
- TIPS Certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions in English.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including, but not limited to, working outdoors in all weather conditions, standing, walking, and moving for periods of greater than eight (8) hours, and lifting and carrying items sometimes greater than fifty (50) pounds.
About Discovery Land Company
Founded in 1994 by Michael S. Meldman, Discovery Land Company specializes in building luxury residential private club communities and resorts Worldwide. We have grown to be the premier player in the high-end resort residential niche with 20 world-class projects in our portfolio. Our communities are distinct with their own architectural styles, world-class amenities, and high levels of service.
We don't build buildings, but rather we build settings where families can create intergenerational memories and enrich their lives in exquisite and untouched sanctuaries. These settings offer a casual and comfortable sense of community through outstanding clubhouses, premier golf courses, welcoming staff, world-class culinary offerings, and outdoor pursuits. To ease and enrich your experiences, Discovery holds itself to the highest of service standards. Every decision we make is driven by one fundamental objective: to make the time you spend with the people you care about most not merely enjoyable, but memorable.
We are extremely grateful to be recognized as one of the world's top mid-sized employers for 2018 by Forbes magazine. For more information about our company - http://www.discoverylandco.com
About the Project - Silo Ridge Field Club
The Silo Ridge Field Club is a private, gated community on 800 acres near the towns of Millbrook and Amenia, New York. Located adjacent to the Wassaic train station, this community features 245 residences, a world-class 18-hole Tom Fazio-designed golf course, a family barn, and a field house for sports, wellness, and recreational programming. Silo Ridge promises nearly limitless possibilities for unforgettable family recreation, all in just a 90-minute drive from Manhattan. - https://siloridge.com/