If you have a desire to make a difference to our renewable energy future with a dynamic company, have great career growth opportunities as we expand our solutions worldwide, and thrive in a fast paced, exciting team environment, then this opportunity with WindESCo is for you.
WindESCo is a rapidly growing company helping to create a better planet by increasing the green energy output from existing wind farms. We do this by combining the power of engineering, machine learning and IIoT. Our solutions are currently optimizing wind plants in 12 countries across 4 continents. We have an immediate opening for an IoT Software Engineer in our Product Development team. We are looking for candidates that think big, execute with solid results, thrive in a team-oriented culture, and want to help change the world.
To learn more about WindESCo, please visit windesco.com or view our corporate video. Please apply here.IoT Software Engineer
To support our growth, we are looking for an engineer to play a key role in software design, implementation, and testing for our IIoT edge computing platform to optimize the performance of wind plants. In this role you will develop requirements and specifications, write software, and create unit tests and system integration tests. You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing a C# codebase including integration of this control software on Linux based industrial PLCs and developing Windows based GUI applications. Testinging and integrating software and hardware (PLC digital IO, ethernet, and serial communications), and developing and testing new features. You will conduct FMEA, develop test environments for validating software, and monitor prototype systems in operation. You will also work with the hardware manufacturer to address any integration issues and modify hardware as required. Your responsibilities include working with the team to ensure adequate safety, security, and reliability to keep equipment safe and to maximize wind plant performance as much as possible.
While these will be your primary responsibilities, the work may include data analysis and reporting, and hands-on installing and debugging systems on wind turbines.
You will need to be an innovative thinker who is able to apply principles of object oriented software design and data handling, and perform data analysis to evaluate results. You are excited about figuring out how to make things work robustly, conducting experiments, developing test cases, and writing good quality code. The position requires attention to detail and excellent applied problem solving abilities. A validation-driven development mindset is key-always looking for possible ways things break. You will need to be well organized, be able to innovate under deadlines and collaborate effectively with others.Job Responsibilities
- Write, test, maintain, and expand applications for control and data handling in Linux, Windows and AWS environments (primary languages are C# and Python).
- Work with IIoT hardware suppliers to define and implement required hardware configuration.
- Define, create and tune alarms and notifications.
- Develop test simulation environments to ensure rigorous pre-deployment testing of software.
- Create data visualizations and analysis tools.
- Write production quality code with high standards for quality, maintainability, and automated testing.
- Use Git version control with GitHub to effectively collaborate with other team members.
- Occasional travel to troubleshoot field installations.
- Extensive object oriented programming experience in C#.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM and 4+ years relevant experience.
- Expertise in writing and testing software for data handling, IO tracking and control applications.
- Basic understanding of newtonian physics, mechanics, electrical energy, aerodynamics.
- Strong technical communication and organization skills.
- Eligible to work in the US.
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
- Advanced degree in STEM.
- Developed edge control applications.
- Demonstrated programming skills in Python.
- Exposure to running applications in containers, e.g., Docker and CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of wind turbine and wind plant control systems.
- Wind turbine SCADA data collection and analysis experience.
- Experience with analog and digital signal processing, communication protocols and IO interface.
- Hands-on experience implementing control algorithms on physical systems.
WindESCo provides competitive compensation plans. In addition, you would receive excellent health and dental insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
WindESCo has established a progressive workplace that is collaborative, and team focused.