Public Safety Officer I
Protects staff, patients, and visitors from harm. Implements and monitors the security management plan. Addresses security issues concerning patients, visitors, personnel, and property. Investigates and reports on security incidents. Responds to emergency situations. Controls access to and egress from sensitive areas. Provides vehicle and pedestrian traffic control. Performs security patrols, and monitors a variety of technical systems including access control and CCTV. Demonstrates customer service excellence. ** For those officers working Communications desk.
- Require IAHSS Certified Healthcare Security Officer (CHSO) certification within six (6) months of date of hire and continuously maintain certification thereafter
- Require an acceptable driving record and no criminal history.
- Require the ability to work hours assigned and float to other shifts as needed to meet the department's goals.
- Require the ability to respond to and take control in emotional and/or emergency situations effectively.
- Prefer prior security experience.
- Prefer the ability to maintain a professional, confident demeanor in stressful situations.
- Prefer competency in use of computers.
- Prefer the ability to perform duties independently and with good judgment.
- Prefer demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
HS EQ: High School Diploma, GED or Certificate
Required License and Certs
FDL: Valid Driver's License
Preferred License and Certs