Medical Staff Coordinator
Provides effective communication and guidance to the Medical Staff with regard to all functions of the Medical Staff, providing direction in preserving confidentiality and protections afforded by law of Medical Staff affairs, maintaining compliance with medical staff, hospital licensure, and other applicable law and with accreditation standards of the Joint Commission.
- Require a Bachelor's degree. Relevant professional experience can substitute on a year for year basis for the required degree.
- Require the ability to interpret and explain rules and policies.
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year of experience in Medical Staff Services or hospital setting.
- Prefer National Association of Medical Staff Services, Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) certification.
- Prefer demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including public relations skills and maintain confidentiality.
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of medical staff operational, legal accreditation matters.
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of operating system Windows and credentialing database.
- Prefer demonstrated ability to display excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Prefer demonstrated ability to function independently with frequent interruptions.
- Prefer demonstrated ability to relate positively with all levels of professionals.
Looking to join a great team that works for an exceptionally recognized and supportive not-for-profit employer? Do you want to learn more about Medical Staff Services? " Medical Staff Professionals are the gatekeepers of patient safety, ensuring quality care through the credentialing and privileging of healthcare providers in an ever-changing industry. MSPs must be ready to innovate and adapt to new responsibilities, motivated to expand their knowledge, and most importantly focused on the future of patient safety". [NAMSS.org] Are you ready for a new career? Do you think you might be a good fit? We have an opening for a medical staff coordinator onsite, and we are willing to train the right person. Please include a cover page with your resume.