Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
The Bilingual Learning Specialist role is an entry level position into the Learning and Performance team. The Bilingual Learning Specialist works collaboratively and under the guidance of department facilitators, consultants, and clients to design, deliver, maintain, and evaluate training programs and modules.
- Needs Assessment
- Conduct needs assessment / front-end analysis in collaboration with stakeholders to determine learning and performance gaps
- Develop learning objectives based on learning and performance gaps
- Determine best learning solutions (non-training or training) based on learning and performance gaps
- Delivery & Facilitation of Learning of small to mid-sized training programs
- Deliver training events and learning solutions using all mediums including in-class, e-learning, virtual facilitation, and blended learning
- Lead and manage learners in a mature, professional learning environment
- Evaluate learner application of skills and knowledge through observation, benchmarking and testing, to assess comprehension and adoption of knowledge to ensure successful job readiness transition
- Design Curricula and Learning Experiences
- Collaborate with colleagues and program stakeholders to design and implement learning solutions & reinforcement tools that align business needs with training objectives.
- Coordinate administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs (i.e. training schedules, communication, training reports, lessons learned etc)
- Maintain training materials to ensure documentation is current and relevant given product & market changes and evolution
- Recommend and implement enhancements to learning solutions to ensure constant improvements
Succeeding as a Bilingual Learning Specialist will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- Bilingual (French/English) is required
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in adult education, communications, instructional design, instructional technology, learning & development and/or related field preferred
- Knowledge of current trends and practices relating to Learning and Performance (i.e. gamification, social learning, micro learning) is an asset
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems or other database management systems is an asset
- Knowledge of multimedia tools and online course authoring tools would be an asset
- Experience with designing and developing training curriculum with multiple delivery methods, including instructor led, web based, audio and video.
- Lean Six Sigma training preferred
- Design thinking training is an asset
- Project Management skills an asset
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills, including superior presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills, including the ability to be a strong team player as well as the capability to work well independently
- Excellent knowledge of the suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of client management and intake systems and technology databases
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.