Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Corporate Parts Manager
The Corporate Parts Manager is responsible for the administration, efficiency, organization, and profitability of the Parts Sales Operation across all TMHNC locations. This position is responsible for embedding the company values across the department, driving sales, gross profits, process standardization and improvements, collaboration and problem solving, and successful management of inventory, productivity, quality, safety, and customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will have very strong communication, collaboration, and multi-tasking skills.
Parts Operation Management
- Forecast sales goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them
- Prioritize and direct all parts related activities to meet company goals and standards at every branch, including:
- Increased sales
- Maximum gross profit & contribution
- Effective and efficient inventory management and turns
- Standardized critical parts order practices across all locations
- Safe and clean customer and internal work spaces
- Superior customer service for all internal, walk-in and telephone customers and vendors, e.g. accurate transactions, proactive status, easy returns
- Assist with daily parts duties including quote generation, phone, counter and internal customer support and shipping and receiving duties as needed
- Regularly review parts shipping costs ensuring cost recovery providing guidance to the Team as necessary
- Monitor quote process for accuracy, timely submission, timely follow-up, and profitability
- Monitor parts call handling for responsiveness, quality and follow-through
- Assist in the creation, review and sharing of operational KPI reports
- Provides the highest level of customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control.
- Work regularly with COO to review current issues and ideas to improve the overall parts operation and financial performance
- Maintains alignment with Corporate Service Manager to ensure company operations always provide stellar aftermarket support to our inside as well as retail customers.
Process Management & Inventory Control
- Establish necessary process maps, SOP's, and work flows to maintain appropriate inventory levels and enable the most efficient, cost-effective, ASEC compliant parts operation across all branch locations
- Examine current inventory layouts and parts staff organization to make necessary changes where necessary to improve efficiency, productivity, and compliance
- Ensure Parts Inventory Control Specialist activities are in alignment with department goals, and driving consistent and accurate maintenance of internal and consignment inventory
- Develops, communicates, enforces, and monitors effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Manage, train, and motivate company Parts personnel while holding them accountable for meeting targets and objectives
- Works closely with the Parts management team to encourage strong partnership between entire parts team through regular online as well as in person meetings, sharing of sales dashboards to spark fun competition and motivation and inspiring feedback and suggestions from the team on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate our Training & Development value by ensuring you and the entire Parts team participate in educational opportunities including reading industry publications, participating in professional organizations, and ensuring achievement of Toyota and other manufacturer certification(s)
- Participate in hiring, onboarding, and developing new employees
- Hold regular Parts team meetings to encourage communication, collaboration, and standardization
- College Degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 7+ years progressive experience working in a material handling / industrial / automotive environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, vendors, and customers
- Ability to work under pressure, shift priorities in a changing environment, and be self-directed with good business judgement
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Clean DMV Driving Record
- 3+ years of experience as a Parts Salesperson or equivalent
- Experience in 5S or other Lean Manufacturing practices
- Journeymen Parts Certification