Software Engineer in Test
Remote - TX, GA, IL, MN, NC, OK, TN
Backend Software Engineer in Test
AffiniPay is looking for a Backend Quality Engineer that is passionate about building excellent automation systems and delivering high-quality code into production. Our ideal candidate will have strong experience with building automated test suites and running continuous integration systems for APIs. You will also be responsible for developing QA procedures, testing of software and reporting on the quality of the current builds. This role will expose you to all aspects of the software stack and many innovative technologies. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to join a growing company as part of a fast-paced engineering team.
Why you should work as an Engineer at AffiniPay:
We process billions of dollars in transactions for clients every year, and we set an extraordinarily high bar for quality and availability. We have an open, collaborative environment where we work together to make our customers successful. While there's a lot of domain-specific knowledge to pick up and some work may fall outside your expertise, we thrive on helping one another deliver a phenomenal product.
- Define test strategy, build test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and deploy sophisticated automated testing frameworks that provide reliable and repeatable test results
- Develop internal QA tools to efficiently test components/applications
- Perform testing of features and bugs at all levels of the stack
- Build and maintain QA infrastructure to provide a reliable build pipeline and test environments
- Analyze and decompose complex issues and collaborate with others to drive the adoption of standard methodologies in code health, testing, and maintainability
What we are looking for:
- BS in computer science or equivalent related work experience
- 3+ years in a SDET or development role
- Experience with REST APIs and other back-end systems
- Experience writing real test code to help validate APIs
- Experience with Travis, Jenkins, or some other CI system
- Familiar with Linux shell
- Experience with Git or other SCM
- Familiarity with SQL, databases, and data-driven automated tests
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures, and programming practices
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently with minimal guidance
Nice to Have:
Affini-Perks! We've got you covered...
- Proven understanding of building and administering CI/CD systems
- Deep knowledge of Internet technologies
- Experience with performance testing or security testing
- Experience developing simple test tools or test harnesses to aid in testing
- Experience using cloud-computing services such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with IaC, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with payment certifications such as PCI
100% paid medical, dental, vision, disability insurance plans
Open PTO plan (paid time off)
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
Competitive bonus plan with anniversary rate step-up
Company equity option plan
Hybrid work environment with remote work set-up
Paid parental leave
AffiniHealth wellness program
$1,000 annual charitable contribution match
AffiniPayU learning and development
AffiniPals mentoring program
AffiniSwag! (think fun branded merch)
Fun company events - in person/remote and everything in between
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to be a vital team member of one of Austin's fastest-growing companies and ABJ Best Places to Work!
AffiniPay is the market leader in professional services technology serving legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. AffiniPay has been recognized as one of Inc. 5000's fastest growing companies for 10 years in a row.AffiniPay recently announced the acquisition of MyCase, a leading provider of Law Practice Management ('LPM') software. As one company and one team, AffiniPay will be able to more holistically serve our customers, to innovate faster across FinTech and LPM software, and to win in our core market. With this exciting merger, we're bringing together the best online payment solution with the best legal practice management software, further advancing our ability to transform lives through game-changing technology. We are now the largest legal tech company in the industry and the only firm with world-class vertical-specific payments and LPM.
AffiniPay's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Efforts:
AffiniLIFE (Learning and Inclusion For Everyone) is focused on Awareness, Community, Transparency, Diversity and Inclusion. We recognize that innovation occurs with a strong team of people who are diverse in background, personality, talent and ideas. We are committed to creating a welcoming and transparent environment for all that embraces those differences through education, equal access to opportunities and information, inclusionary programs, and community outreach. It's not just AffiniPay, it's AffiniLIFE!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Drop files here
Drop files here
What is your street address? *
Outside of the United States
Zip Code *
Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the U.S? *
How did you hear about AffiniPay? *
Please selectI was referred by an AffiniPay Team Member
I spoke to a member of the Talent Acquisition Team
POCIT: People of Color in Tech
Latinas in Tech (LiT)
Black Tech Pipeline
Desired base salary or overall compensation? *
Do you have a Website or Portfolio link?