Our Client; an international manufacturer of components for the Aerospace sector in North Wales, is currently seeking an experienced Procurement Category Lead / Buyer on a initially a 12 month fixed-term contract basis, with potentially the opportunity of this being made into a permanent position at the end of this period.
As the Procurement Category Lead / Buyer, you will be responsible for achieving the Lowest Total Cost of Acquisition for the allocated category focussing on the key areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Innovation and Risk. Working with key internal stakeholders to develop and deploy Category Strategies and leading Supplier Relationship Management. You will additionally be involved in the implementation of Long Term Agreements to leverage group spend and drive contract compliance.
On offer to the successful candidate will be a negotiable, albeit based on relevant experience basic salary, together with full benefits package, to include bonus. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Category Strategy development, implementation and refresh.
- Cost Reduction- meeting annual and midterm targets whilst leveraging group spend.Supplier Relationship Management structured business reviews KPI driven.KPI reporting responsible for supplier performance Quality/Cost/Delivery/Innovation/Risk.
- NPI & change management working with Category Lead NPI to ensure allocated Categories meet business targets.
- Commercial Bid for new work supporting the Commercial Function in the Bid Process.
- Make versus Buy leading the Category decision working with key functions.
- SAP support the role out of SAP across the company in line with Corporate Roadmap.
- You will ideally be Degree qualified, although those without a formal qualification, but who possess time served experience, will be equally considered.
- You will ideally have your Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or be working towards the qualification.
- Should ideally have at least a few years experience working in Procurement and/or as a Category Lead or similar (Buyer). Our Client may also consider a Junior Buyer for this position.
- Your Procurement experience will ideally have been gained within the Aerospace manufacturing industry or a similar aligned manufacturing sectorYou should ideally have a good functional knowledge of process and product.
- You will be skilled in Cost Management, Category Management and Supplier and Stakeholder Relationship Management.
- Financial and Commercial awareness is needed.
- Experience dealing with Contracts including legal awareness is preferred.
This position is available with immediate effect.
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP; Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01327 304855
Mobile: 07738 766526
Or please kindly email me a copy of your C.V.
Forbes HR (part of the Millbank Holdings Group) are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business