Hamptons are working in partnership with a well-known, health and social care provider who provide support for individuals with Learning Disabilities, Complex Mental Health needs and Challenging Behaviour.
As a continuation of their dedication to provide the highest standard of care we are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Service Manager in Fareham.
You will be managing the day-to-day running of the services in accordance with Care Quality Commission (CQC) standards, ensuring the provision of high quality, safe, person-centred support for individuals with physical disabilities, learning difficulties, autism and mental health challenges. You will be supporting 12 people across three locations all within minutes of each other. The service is currently going through the de-registration process and so you may be required to be registered with CQC for a short period of time.
The ideal candidate will
- Have experience supporting people with, physical disabilities, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health needs and Autism.
- Level 4 NVQ or Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Experience working at Service Manager level.
- Proven experience of administrative and financial management systems.
- Excellent understanding of person-centred care and how it relates to service users in the community, including those with complex needs.
- Evidence of excellent leadership qualities and being a role model to a dispersed team.
- Flexible in approach, receptive to ideas and changes of direction.
- Ability to coach, train and motivate a team of staff.
- Computer literacy to a high level.
- Excellent people management skills including management of performance of staff.
- Ability to problem solve, make difficult decisions with confidence, and carry tasks through to completion.
- Ability to manage a large workload and prioritise.
- Ability to translate plans and policies into practical action, and to communicate these effectively.
- Car owner/driver with current clean licence.
- The ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Clear understanding of leadership responsibilities in social care.
- A caring individual who is committed to providing a high standard of support with kindness, consideration and respect.
- Commitment to encouraging independence and choice for people who use our services.
- Self-motivated, flexible and reliable.
- Commitment to honesty, fair treatment and equal opportunities for all.
- The ability to deal with, and resolve, stressful or difficult situations
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this role, please feel free to give Alice a call on 01926 356 540.